carnival victory Jan06 - 5 in Room

cakolb

First time cruiser. I have spent hours reading threads and reviews. We have 5 people (3 kids). We have 1 cabin booked for all 5 of us and I am in a panic about space. I have looked into changing to 2 rooms. My choices are Verandah midship - balcony & interior, Upper forward (2nd cabin from front) - balcony & interior, or upper aft - balcony & interior (but interior is right next to elevator). I have no idea what to do. 5 in a room saves us $1000, but is it worth it - 2 of the kids are teenagers? I haven't been able to find much response on fitting 5 in a room. Also, any info on weather in January?

With basically four adults and one younger child (teens, body wise are considered adults) you will be very, very uncomfortable in one room. Five people trying to get ready for dinner at night or tours in the morning with one bathroom? Not enough closet or drawer space? No privacy at all? Most who have 5 usually get one outside and one inside right across the hall for the kids.

We had all five of us in a balcony cabin on Victory last year, going from NYC to Canada. We really didn't have much of a problem with 5 in a cabin, although the youngest should be the one to sleep on the rollaway. We had plenty of storage space. As for bathroom time, we are used to juggling; 3 of us usually shower in the evening, and the other two in the morning. The hardest time was getting dressed for dinner. Having said that, I will also say that on our recent Conquest cruise we booked two cabins (Conquest class will not book 5 in a cabin), and the extra space (and bathroom) was great! We (and I think our kids - especially the teenager) also appreciated the greater privacy. I think you have to weigh the savings against the crowd factor. An extra $1000 is very attractive - especially after you receive your Sail and Sign account report on the last night:eek:

I sent my older teens to the gym for showers to get ready for dinner.

Showr stalls in the gym are much bigger then in the cabin- you also get 6 shower heads cleaning in all directions. The kids said they never felt cleaner.--lol

Archived