Need your best advice for Bermuda Cruise!

2shiny

Hello!

I am new to the board and I am amazed at the amount of great information that can be found here!

My husband and I are going on an October cruise to Bermuda aboard the Norwegian Dawn to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We have already booked a family suite with balcony. Our last cruise was a 4-day Disney cruise with the family 10 years ago. We have never sailed before with Norwegian.

What is your best suggestion/idea/advice to make our trip memorable?

Thanks in advance!

Bermuda is fabulous!! Expect the weather to be more like North Carolina than like the Caribbean. You don't need expensive excursions there -- they have a good and safe public transportation system. For somewhere around $30 you can get a 3 day pass for unlimited use of the busses and ferries, and schedules/routes are available online. Other options (sunset cruises, water sports, etc.) are easy to book either online ahead of time or on shore once you arrive directly with the tour operators. Have a great time :)

Welcome to CC.and happy 25th. We are going in Sept. for our 40th. Went in May of "12" and loved it so much we decided to do it again this year. Check out the ports section for Bermuda and get some great advice there. We love the Dawn, it's the perfect size for us. Remember that this is not a one shot night out on the town, so if something is not perfect let it roll off your back. You'll look back at the great things that way and not even remember the minor glitches (if any). Look at the section on NCL to get some wine or decorations for your cabin. Relax relax relax and enjoy. DJM

Check out the Bermuda board under ports of call. You will find lots of information and friendly folks ready and willing to answer any and all questions.

We are on the dawn in October to celebrate our 33rd anniversary. You'll love the family suite- so much room and you'll be spoiled by the "suite" life on NCL - there's nothing like it!

There is a nice beach/bar with some water sports within easy walking distance of the port. It's called snorkel park. If I remember correctly we were able to rent masks and snorkels for the day for under 10 dollars.

It's a nice relaxing day near the ship, great for the last day in port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by CruisinClerys

First full day there -- hire one of the blue-flagged taxis for a 4 or 5 hour tour. Rate is set by the government. Have the driver show you around or give him a specific itinerary -- they're flexible. It's one of the best options for a Bermuda first-timer.

Welcome to CC.and happy 25th. We are going in Sept. for our 40th. Went in May of "12" and loved it so much we decided to do it again this year. Check out the ports section for Bermuda and get some great advice there. We love the Dawn, it's the perfect size for us. Remember that this is not a one shot night out on the town, so if something is not perfect let it roll off your back. You'll look back at the great things that way and not even remember the minor glitches (if any). Look at the section on NCL to get some wine or decorations for your cabin. Relax relax relax and enjoy. DJM

Agree. We celebrated our 25th on the Dawn to Bermuda a few years ago :) Loved it so much we returned and are booked for another! Snorkeling and Scuba Diving opportunities are wonderful. The ferry ride to St. George's is beautiful. If you're feeling adventuresome don't pass up the chance to ride the "Pink Buses" ... some of our best memories and friends were made during these "around the islands" adventures :) (we'd hop off if we came to someplace that looked interesting and then resume the adventure). Nice choice for a Quarter Century Celebration!

Hello!

I am new to the board and I am amazed at the amount of great information that can be found here!

My husband and I are going on an October cruise to Bermuda aboard the Norwegian Dawn to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We have already booked a family suite with balcony. Our last cruise was a 4-day Disney cruise with the family 10 years ago. We have never sailed before with Norwegian.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

When are you sailing in October ?

I am sailing the 24th of October, check out your rollcall AND the Bermuda port of call...plenty of info there :p

Oh. Make sure you allow time in your schedule to spend a day or so in Boston! It's a beautiful city :)

I agree with this comment. A day or two in Boston was the best part of our cruise. Bermuda was nice but we had perfect weather in Boston. We toured and walked all over. Even took a duck tour. :)

I agree with this comment. A day or two in Boston was the best part of our cruise. Bermuda was nice but we had perfect weather in Boston. We toured and walked all over. Even took a duck tour. :)

And then there's Fenway Park, the greatest baseball stadium ever, home to the World Champion Boston Red Sox.