RCI Disembarkation Procedure

I will be trying RCI for the first time and would like to know if the disembarkation is exactly like Princess………..wait in public / common areas for your luggage tag color to be called? If yes, does anyone know how Disney and NCL could manage just walking off the ship when you are ready or wait in your stateroom and relax waiting to be called?

It sounds like a sure nice way to end your vacation, instead of the hurry up and wait.

I understand they have to prepare the ship for the next sailing but I think I would prefer having the extra hour or two when leaving rather than the extra time for earlier boarding. How about you?

We came in from Carnival in NYC last year and you did just wheel your lugggage right off-It was great-just as if you were leaving an airport and there were porters waiing if you needed asssistance-They randomly chose the bags to check but I never went through any inaspection just walked off the ship and into my car it was great- They did call by floors-it was painless-some people did sit in the atrium area waiting but they really didn't have to-

I will be experiencing RCL in a cople of weeks this will be new for me as well I will liet you know how it turns out I will be leaving from Phillie.

If you can drop your luggage off at the pier (this might be a problem at that early an hour) you can go to nearby Bayside Marketplace and spend a few hours in the various shops. Otherwise, you might be stuck at the airport with your luggage for a couple of hours. By 10:30 or 11:00 am you should definitely not have a problem dropping off your luggage.

I understand they have to prepare the ship for the next sailing but I think I would prefer having the extra hour or two when leaving rather than the extra time for earlier boarding. How about you?

I disagree. I'd rather be able to board earlier, check out the cabin and get settled, get lunch before it gets too crowded, and most importantly, get some pictures of the ship without all the people in the way.

Well in 2000 we took Carnival out of NYC. Departed at 5PM. We got on before 1PM. When the cruise ended, we were allowed to wait in our rooms and leave when we felt like it..anytime up to 11AM. It was nice to be able to have a nice breakfast in the dining room, go back, relax for a while, and then leave. There were no lines or anything to leave.

MUCH better system than RCCL has. I don't think sitting in a room with tons of other people is a nice way to end my vacation. It's almost like "Yea, we got your money, you got your cruise..now we don't care so get out".

Do you have to put your luggage outside you stateroom door the night before like Carnival so you collect it after you disembark the ship & then search for it by color code or floor info?

Dyanna

I will be trying RCI for the first time and would like to know if the disembarkation is exactly like Princess………..wait in public / common areas for your luggage tag color to be called? If yes, does anyone know how Disney and NCL could manage just walking off the ship when you are ready or wait in your stateroom and relax waiting to be called?

We` sailed RCI in March and yes you get color tags under your door, and yes they ask you to wait in certain public rooms...

Then after you clear customs you find you color of piled up luggage grab yours and your off...

HTH

Do you have to put your luggage outside you stateroom door the night before like Carnival so you collect it after you disembark the ship & then search for it by color code or floor info?

Dyanna

Yes thats what you do....they give you your color tags and then you find your luggage after you clear customs..

HTH

I just got back from an RCI Cruise from AK 2 weeks ago and they are still doing the color coded-baggage system. It worked beautifully and I so surprised that we didn't encounter any lines despite our color being called mid-pack.

You do have to leave the items you want to send by 11 p.m. the night before. We had time to eat breakfast, take a shower and relax before our group was called.

Archived