5 in a room - carnival victory

cakolb

First time cruiser. I have spent hours reading threads and reviews. We have 5 people (3 kids). We have 1 cabin booked for all 5 of us and I am in a panic about space. I have looked into changing to 2 rooms. My choices are Verandah midship - balcony & interior, Upper forward (2nd cabin from front) - balcony & interior, or upper aft - balcony & interior (but interior is right next to elevator). I have no idea what to do. 5 in a room saves us $1000, but is it worth it - 2 of the kids are teenagers? I haven't been able to find much response on fitting 5 in a room. Also, any info on weather in January?

cakolb,

All i can really say to you (and i dont mean this in a bad way) is good luck!

5 in a cabin is going to be very tight for numerous different reasons.

A few of them being......closet space, bathroom space and moving about the cabin when all the beds are turned down for the night.

I realize that it is saving you $1000 US but to be honest i dont think you are going to be very comfortable at all with 5 in the room.

It is doable, but it takes a lot of patients and people who pack very lightly in order to fit everything in the closets, store the luggage, and have availibility to the bathroom if need be.

Have a great cruse though, and i hope things work out for you

Cheers!

Mike-- is this something you tried?? And i would do it agian for 1,000 savings. Cruising with 5 people takes planning and organization ahead of time

Please-- I did 5 people to a cabin me- my neice age 13 and my sons 15, 17 and 19 it was doable--at a savings of over 700.00 (for 700 savings we did what we needed to do to have a great vacation)

We also stayed in an inside cabin. (take a nightlite)

(under the sofa is 2 huge drawers. hang up as many clothes as possible. Use an over the door shoe holder. (this will be the main thing that will keep your sanity. If you keep the cabin orgaized you will not have a problem

An over the door shoe holder will hold everything that goes on the counter top. You will only have the vanity in the cabin to store "stuff" 5 people with "stuff" which makes the over the door shoe holder a necessity.

Get lanyards and card holders to hold cabin keys. Hang them on the hooks meant for robes.

Send the teens to the gym to shower. Suitcases under the bed..dirty clothes go back into the suitcase when done-

The only time we were in that cabin was to sleep and get ready for dinner. It wasnt bad since we did it in shifts. I would do it again if the savings warranted it.

The oceanview rooms on the Victory are very spacious...220 squ. ft. I think 5 in one cabin wll be very doable in order to save $1,000. We did 4 (two adults, two teens) in a 185 sq. ft. cabin. Since they are teens, they really don't spend that much time in the cabin anyway. And their showering schedule seems to be very different from the adults (i.e., they wake up much later in the a.m.!).

Yikes! Our first cruise was on the Carnival Victory last year. We had an inside cabin (175 s.f.?) and it was TIGHT! I couldn't imagine another person. I think I still have the bruise on my legs from bumping into things when we tried to pass each other in the room. Going on our second cruise in 2 weeks. Decided to get 2 rooms next to each other. This will be much easier!

Our first family cruise was on the Victory in July 2002. We opted to do 2 inside cabins and we were sure glad we did! With all the "stuff" everyone has, 5 would be extremely tight! I know you are only in the cabin to shower, get dressed, and sleep, but..... I wouldn't do it in 1. That cruise got us hooked on cruising and now we do it every July; our annual Christmas present! We have only gotten inside cabins, to keep it affordable, but would LOVE to some day get a balcony.

You will have a great time on the Victory! We all loved that ship!

It may be a bit tight and inconvenient, but for $1000 savings that you can spend on something else, I'd put up with the inconvenience for a week. We've done 4 in a cabin and the biggest problem is not closets and space, but the bathroom. As the 3rd, 4th, 5th person rate remains constant, if it is possible to upgrade a category or two to a suite or something that has 2 bathrooms, that may be an option. We did that once, and it ended up costing about $300 LESS than two standard cabins.

Archived