Behind the Fun Tour

LVDFW

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's about $100 pp. We sent my parents on it last year on the Magic. Way back in the day, my dad went to the California Maritime Academy and was a merchant marine. He LOVED the tour. They both loved it, in fact. It was a highlight of their cruise.

If you want to do it, go directly to the excursion desk and sign up AS SOON AS YOU BOARD. Don't get a cocktail. Don't check out your cabin. Don't get a burger. Go to the excursion desk. We were the first ones to sign up on the Magic, at about 11:00 a.m., and we were told by the excursion staff that it would be sold out within an hour.

We just did it in January for $95.00 on the Breeze and it was great. I don't think there would be much differences between ships. When you walk on board, go straight to the excursion desk. We were on at 11:30 am and there were 3 couples ahead of us and they were booking the tour.

I've done the BtF tour on Imagination ($55), on Liberty ($95) and on Victory ($55). The tour appears to be $55 on ships without a steakhouse, and $95 on ships with a steakhouse.

I've learned and seen different things each time I've done the tour, and a lot depends on how good the ship's crew/presenters are, and how good your tour guide is.

Oddly enough, I think I learned the most on that first tour on Imagination than anywhere else. We were in Engineering Control for a long time on that tour, thanks to Chief Engineer Testa who was very informative and answered a lot of questions.

How long do they last? And when do they do the tour?

It will be your last sea day - 2.5 to 3 hours. I think it started at 9. Lots and Lots of walking. Very cool information, gives you a different take on the staff (and my first job was at a 4 star hotel so I thought I knew what it was like, boy did I under estimate!!)

It is worth it yes. Is it worth it to go again not for me but as someone esle mentioned a different class ship and the presenter can make a big difference.

How long do they last? And when do they do the tour?

Officially it's 2.5 hours for the shorter, less expensive tour, and 3+ hours for the longer one. But again, this varies. That first tour I took, a shorter $55 one, lasted over three hours. We were in Engineering Control so long that we were late getting to the bridge, which was our last stop.

Tour will be held on the last sea-day. Be prepared for lots of walking; you must be wearing closed-toe shoes (no flip-flops, etc.) and you can't bring a camera or cellphone with you. (You will be 'wanded' before the tour starts and there will be a sometimes obvious, sometimes unobtrusive security person with or near the tour group.)

You DO get some schwag to take with you afterwards; a bit more schwag on the more expensive tour than the shorter one. And some photos are taken during the tour which are included in the price and will be delivered to you that evening.

If you're doing a B2B, can you sign up the first week to do it the second week?

I doubt it...but it can't hurt to try at Shore Excursions. Even if they do it, I'd still be inclined to doublecheck at the beginning of your second leg to make sure they haven't forgotten. But at least you know you can be first in line at Shore Ex when you check. :)

Can someone share which areas of the ship you get to see? :)[/quote. We saw theater and stage equipment, costumes and dressing rooms, crew bar, dining halls, corridors of cabins (not inside), HR room and hiring process and benefits were explained, galley, food and drink coolers and storage, engineering room, bridge tour, steakhouse. May have forgotten something. It could vary slightly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk