What is the "vibe" on the Divina?

cruisin_momof3

Could anyone give me an idea of what the atmosphere of the ship is on the Divina? We are looking for family-friendly (kid-friendly) but not a "party" (Carnival-esque) atmosphere. Thanks in advance!

There are plenty of reviews on the board and it includes families.

They do a lot with the kids. The vibe is laid back fun! No service person is in your face asking for drinks like on other ships. The entertainment group do try to get people around the pool involved in their games. They are very family friendly and fun friendly although not the Carnival vibe at all. It is a great cruise line if you want fun without pushiness!

They do a lot with the kids. The vibe is laid back fun! No service person is in your face asking for drinks like on other ships. The entertainment group do try to get people around the pool involved in their games. They are very family friendly and fun friendly although not the Carnival vibe at all. It is a great cruise line if you want fun without pushiness!

Thank you for your response! Exactly what I am looking for!

It does sound like a "fun" ship so it surprises me they seem so strict on their evening/dinner dress code. Not that I intend to look like a slob, but I don't want to bring a suit for the dining room either.

You dont need a suit, just no shorts in the MDR.

It does sound like a "fun" ship so it surprises me they seem so strict on their evening/dinner dress code. Not that I intend to look like a slob, but I don't want to bring a suit for the dining room either.

Where did you get the impression that it's a strictly enforced dress code? It's not, it a recommendation. They only enforce it when people take casual to the ridiculous, like trying to get into the MDR in swimwear and flip flops.

Fun and dressing for dinner are not mutually exclusive either. I personally get a great deal of fun in dressing up.

Edited by AmoMondo

Don't be afraid LOL>>> I find that some newbies to MSC overthink things

MSC is really very much like any other mainstream cruiseline and better IMHO in many ways

On Divina you are not in Europe, you are in the sunny Caribbean...MSC has gotten more casual, not like Carnival or NCL, but just as Celebrity, Royal loosened up so have they. NO shorts in main dining room, no swimsuit at the buffet and you will be fine

Guys as long as you wear a collared shirt, long pants you will be ok for "formal" nights, may want to add a sport coat but your choice.

Yes many guys will wear suits...and you will see some tuxes. But you won't be turned away really unless you are in shorts and/or tee shirt

I have noticed some couples put together a "coordinated" outfit that looks more dressy than it really is - example : a royal blue dress or royal blue sparkly top with black pants for her and a royal blue shirt /pattern tie for him

Some people are "afraid of smoke" as we all know (or think?) that Europeans smoke more - but ...on Divina...it is the most smoke free ship I ever had the pleasure to sail. Cigar bar and one side of the pool deck, not allowed inside elsewhere or even at the covered pool...wonderful :)

My friend brought her grandaughter (and daughter) on 3 night Divina and they were surprised the little one love loved the Kids program and counselors...could not keep her away

For families Divina has the "kid corner" in the very back of buffet - stuff kids like, chicken fingers, mac and cheese etc....you will see kids there eating with the counselors sometimes

One of the best improvements for me has been the new buffet hours - like 20 hours a day I think?

Now it is open and so much improved and expanded. Best buffet I have ever seen. Check in the back (opposite kids corner) for the Ethnic corner

Also the "med" area - with roasted red peppers , black olives..check out the cheeses - sometimes brie, gouda etc..with dried apricots and walnuts..amazing

Edited by sharecruises