Moderno

doodlesinkentucky

Been several times on different ships. Not a fan. It's kind of 'gimmicky' like Teppanyaki. Usually the meats are dry and overcooked. Last time they brought out a tiny, tiny slice of sugared pineapple, which I love. They kept slicing paper-thin pieces and giving them to me. I would eat it in one bite and ask for more. It was ridiculous. I suspect they didn't have anymore and since it was late didn't want to cook another one. Done with Moderno.

You been getting hosed. Our beef was alway more rare, chicken was cooked to done. The Moderno on GEM and DAWN are on par to highly rated "Gauchos's" in NH (the only churrascaria I can compare it to). Except the ship didn't offer garlic chicken hearts to my sons dissapointment. And no fancy dancing girl doing dancing things. We always could get endless pineapple, mine was sliced about 1/4 inch thick by about 2 1/2 inches long and 1 1/2 wide (no I didn't measure them, estimating here). They would serve two or three of those at a time.

The salad bar I really like too, though it is small, different items than a normal one.

Edited by NH Cruisers

I like Moderno, the staff did not seem to mind getting the meat to us the way we liked. The two times I went the beef was done med/rare by default. I wanted a little more medium, they made it happen.

I feel the salad bar is different, but it too is my favorite on the ship.

How 'bout the roasted carmelized pineapple? I want to make that at home.

OMG, the pineapple is outstanding. My problem and I think most of us, is pacing ourselves so we can enjoy everything. I loved the salad bar except I took too many anchovies. We didn't have any soup, which was a smart thing I think and we tried to lay off the bread. We didn't have any problems with meat being dry; we have eaten at several Brazilian steak houses in the US: Modernos is on par with all of them. In fact the meat selection might be a little better. The salad bar isn't quite as large as a few we have had in the DFW area, but it certainly had everything anyone could want, from the basics we expect to get in a salad bar, to the cheese platter, the unusual salads and the wonderful fruit.

Edited by newmexicoNita