Which 1st Cruise: Magic, Triumph, Navigator of the Seas?

bakingem

I've sailed both of these ships but before Navigator had her upgrades. I love RCI but the Magic is a great ship, too. What I usually do when looking at comparing cruises is to go on the Roll Call boards to see the activities that other CC people are planning because I'd rather hang with them then do a ship excursion. We went on a snorkeling with the stingrays private excursion in Grand Caymans that was fantastic. I also loved my inside cabin on the Magic. It was square instead of rectangular which made it feel so much bigger. If interested look at the square cabins (#6365-6385) midship on deck 6. We sailed during spring break week with over 2000 kids but it never seemed loud or rowdy as previous Carnival cruises have. There is plenty of room to spread out and I never felt crowded there. My favorite place to hang out was the Red Frog Pub.

I also love the Navigator, spending 21 days aboard her on a B2B this past fall. We love the Promenade and had a room overlooking it which gives you a balcony type feel at a cheaper price.

Look also on the Port of Call boards to find activities at each of the ports to help you decide which ports would work best for you. Enjoy whichever cruise you wind up on. You'll be hooked for life!

I looked at the thread on the Carnival boards and most are saying Navigator too. We cruise on Carnival usually for a better price vs Royal Caribbean but in this case Royal Caribbean is cheaper. Hope you enjoy your cruise. Please come back and tell us how it was. It's always great getting a new cruiser's perspective. :D

Edited by KITKAT0229

Looks like Navigator gets the overwhelming majority of support here on the RCCL board. Just curious if your twin post on the Carnival Boards is giving all of the support to Magic/Triumph or if you are getting some Navigator votes there too.

Almost universally, the Navigator wins this one!

(1) Y'all are awesome. The feedback was so helpful.

(2) I think we're going to go for the Navigator. The prices have gone up a bit, but I think it's still worth it.

(3) The problem with booking this early is that it is going to feel like time is crawling until August!

Almost universally, the Navigator wins this one!

Thanks for the feedback on this question. After reading the two threads of the Navigator during and post dry dock, I am pretty fired up and think I may need to head out to Galveston for a cruise on her real soon.

Have a wonderful time.

(1) Y'all are awesome. The feedback was so helpful.

(2) I think we're going to go for the Navigator. The prices have gone up a bit, but I think it's still worth it.

(3) The problem with booking this early is that it is going to feel like time is crawling until August!

It's never too early...my April 6th cruise on the Navigator has gone up $1,050 per person for my category since I booked the cruise last year!:eek: If you check my signature, you'll see that I'm also booked for March of 2015. I booked that cruise last April!:o

Edited by Cindy