Tips for a first time cruiser on thompson majesty

1. Don't miss any of the showteam's shows, they are excellent.

2. Four Seasons MDR is cosier than Seven Seas. (we preferred the atmosphere)

3. Buffet can be busy and get crowded at peak times, you may have to carry your tray down the stairs to the Royal Observatory bar.

4. More snack type food is served at Piazza San Marco at the aft of the Ship, Burgers, Pizza, Ribs etc.

5. There is a small sundeck on deck 8 aft, often missed by many.

6. If you go to one of the MDR's after 7.30-7.45pm, you will probably end up queueing.

7. Don't forget one of the MDR's will be open for lunch if you want a sitdown served meal, allow around one hour. (sometimes it's nicer than the evening meal)

8. Don't be put off if you cannot get facing the front of the stage in the Jubilee Lounge, the seats at the side of the stage are Ok as the performers work the sides too.

9. Take clothes that are a size bigger to wear towards the end of the cruise:D

We are also in an inside plus on 3 or 4 and this has reminded me I must phone and book one midships. We were in 4040 last time and it was in a good position. Apparently near the back is not good on those decks on Majesty, I think because of engine noise.

• Buffet has few seats, take your food downstairs to the Royal Observatory
  • outside seating area can be windy if you are eating
  • If you want a table for 2, stick to your guns with the MD, he will tell you there is a wait.......
  • Promenade deck normally has sunbeds available
  • take breakfast in the MDR, it's half self serve and half waiter, perfect

• 4 weeks later...
1. Don't miss any of the showteam's shows, they are excellent.

2. Four Seasons MDR is cosier than Seven Seas. (we preferred the atmosphere)

3. Buffet can be busy and get crowded at peak times, you may have to carry your tray down the stairs to the Royal Observatory bar.

4. More snack type food is served at Piazza San Marco at the aft of the Ship, Burgers, Pizza, Ribs etc.

5. There is a small sundeck on deck 8 aft, often missed by many.

6. If you go to one of the MDR's after 7.30-7.45pm, you will probably end up queueing.

7. Don't forget one of the MDR's will be open for lunch if you want a sitdown served meal, allow around one hour. (sometimes it's nicer than the evening meal)

8. Don't be put off if you cannot get facing the front of the stage in the Jubilee Lounge, the seats at the side of the stage are Ok as the performers work the sides too.

9. Take clothes that are a size bigger to wear towards the end of the cruise:D

All very good points ,I would add to that go with an open mind and enjoy every minuete x:)

We are going on our first Thomson cruise on the Majesty this month from Malaga. We are joining the cruise direct as we live near the port of Malaga. My question is, on our return we arrive at 0600 does anybody have any idea what time Thomson's will begin disembarkation, as we have to tell the car park shuttle bus what time to collect us. We have always cruised RCI,NCL or Celebrity in the past and they have always got us off by around 0830.

Glyn

They will ask you leave the cabin by around 9am, but I don't know how long you can stay onboard for after that.

Campolady lives in Spain and has done cruise only from Palma so she may know.

You could always email thomson cares.... or do a polite Attn....Campolady message :D

Will be interesting to get the first reviews of the Majesty with all the new work going on.

They will ask you leave the cabin by around 9am, but I don't know how long you can stay onboard for after that.

You could always email thomson cares.... or do a polite Attn....Campolady message :D

Will be interesting to get the first reviews of the Majesty with all the new work going on.

Thanks for the information. 0900 will be good for us us can tell the car park shuttle to be there then. I will do a review when we get back. This will be our first Thomson Cruise

On our first Thomson cruise (from Palma not Malaga) we were able to stay on board until we wanted to leave. We had a leisurely lunch before disembarking.

Last time the ship was not sailing again that day so was moving to another dock: on that occasion we had to be off by 9.30 a.m.

Let us know how you find Malaga as an embarkation port - we have just booked to sail on the Majesty from there next month.

On our first Thomson cruise (from Palma not Malaga) we were able to stay on board until we wanted to leave. We had a leisurely lunch before disembarking.

Last time the ship was not sailing again that day so was moving to another dock: on that occasion we had to be off by 9.30 a.m.

Let us know how you find Malaga as an embarkation port - we have just booked to sail on the Majesty from there next month.

Thanks for that information, we have a lunch date the day we arrive back so we need to be off pretty sharpiish.

We have departed Malaga several times on RCI and NCL and it has normally been very slick. Only once when NCL had a systems failure between the ship and shore did we have some delays in boarding.