Annoying and Pushy PVPs - UGH!

bucks724

During the big sale that ended on 1/31, I went online and booked a Christmas cruise on the Breeze ($50 deposit sale). I had a question about the way it was calculating the price, so I called to ask, got clarification, and then I held the cruise for 24 hours just to make sure we really wanted to do it, and upon further reflection, decided to let our courtesy hold expire.

The VERY next day, I got bombarded with calls to both my home and cell numbers from various PVPs. I didn't call any of them back - we decided a land vacation or another cruise was what we wanted (nothing against Breeze or the itinerary - it was the exact cruise we just took last January and that's why we decided against it).

Fast forward to today. I get a call from the male PVP that has been calling me for a week now. I told him "I am no longer interested in cruising, so I don't need to talk to you right now, but thanks". He keeps talking. I said "look, you need to stop blowing my phone up - I don't want to cruise and that's all there is to say".

He tells me "did you or did you not call us first?" Uh, no. I booked online and then called with a question, but never requested a PVP and also did NOT book my cruise.

His next things went from "well, was it the price, because I can do better? was it the week? was it the ship? clearly you like to sail, so what was the problem?"

OMG. Are they ALL like this?

Part of the reason I didn't book is because of the fact that we did the same ship/itinerary, but I was going to do it because the one we really want is $2000 more for the same week (Oasis/Allure). But really? When someone tells you don't call them anymore and you have nothing to discuss with them, do you keep talking and asking questions?

Finally, I just hung the phone up! If this is how they act, I won't be using a PVP EVER!

Not quite sure who this guy is, but I spoke with one PVP when I called in, so why I got put in the "general pool" is beyond me. But the fact that I didn't book doesn't mean they are going to talk me into it. That's what bugged me. This guy needs to go away, ASAP!

Our PVP is phenomenal and we've had him for almost 10 years now. But a huge part why he's phenomenal is because he respects when we are not interested and doesn't push us.

I really feel sorry for the people who get crappy PVP's. Our vacation truly begins the moment we make that initial phone call to get preliminary information. He puts us on "cruise mode" right over the phone. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm looking for a 2015 cruise on the Breeze right now. Been checking their web site for a few days now. And of course - I get a call asking if they can be any assistance, lots of sales, upgrades, etc. So, today I called. Strange thing is - the price she quoted me did match what I saw online, but she couldn't offer me the same grade of state room. I didnt call her out on it, but isn't that odd? Guess I'll keep watching. :)

Edited by applegam

same here with my PVP. never calls me. i call her, set up our booking. Love it when she says, "Welcome Aboard" once we've completed the booking. :D

now the funny thing is, my one friend thats been on 2 cruises with us, shes under my booking. well of course she's signed up on carnival so she can check the booking, etc. and shes been getting calls to book. duh, she already is, tho now she's had to cancel out of this cruise. i told her to tell them you already have a PVP. she said the woman said she was hers..and had called like 3 times since we booked in Oct. hasn't since tho lol..

I had a PVP that I really liked. He must of quit or something because now I have a lady and she calls me every single day. Drives me nuts. We do plan on booking and I told her back at the beginning of January to call me in the middle of February and we set up a date and time to call me at. She stills calls me every day. So I think I will just call the regular booking line and book with whoever answers the phone. I don't feel she should get the commission for our booking.

Price is negotiable? Anyone else get a better price from their pvp than what is listed on the website?

Price is not negotiable, but there are some fare codes that are not available by booking online and you must book through a live person who can verify eligibility. This is a HUGE reason why we book through a PVP. I qualify for a fare code not available on the website. It's consistently cheaper than website prices, several times hundreds of dollars cheaper.

Keep in mind that it's not like a PVP has access to exclusive discounts not found anywhere else. Pretty much any rate that your PVP quotes, anybody else can offer you as well. The BIG difference between a GREAT PVP and everyone else is the experience and knowledge necessary to dig, find, and offer these fare codes which sometimes are buried in the system.

Edited by Tapi

I'm looking for a 2015 cruise on the Breeze right now. Been checking their web site for a few days now. And of course - I get a call asking if they can be any assistance, lots of sales, upgrades, etc. So, today I called. Strange thing is - the price she quoted me did match what I saw online, but she couldn't offer me the same grade of state room. I didnt call her out on it, but isn't that odd? Guess I'll keep watching. :)

Well, not sure if anyone cares - but I did book us on a 2015 Spring Break crusie on the Breeze. We will have our two kids, 10 and 12, with us for the first time. This really looks like a great boat for them, on the Southern route which we have never done before. I ended up just calling the standared number to get a contact. Got a rep located in Atlanta. You know what - some sterotypes are true, and that's not a bad thing! She was so nice, not pushy at all, southern accent, and seemed genuinely interested in my family's vacation.

Well, not sure if anyone cares - but I did book us on a 2015 Spring Break crusie on the Breeze. We will have our two kids, 10 and 12, with us for the first time. This really looks like a great boat for them, on the Southern route which we have never done before. I ended up just calling the standared number to get a contact. Got a rep located in Atlanta. You know what - some sterotypes are true, and that's not a bad thing! She was so nice, not pushy at all, southern accent, and seemed genuinely interested in my family's vacation.

Breeze is an awesome ship. You'll have a great time. And the southern itinerary is my favorite of all time so far!

I'm surprised they offered to do better on the price. Price is negotiable? Anyone else get a better price from their pvp than what is listed on the website?

The Carnival reps that you get just by calling the 800 number can see rates that you can't see. This week I called and upgraded my cabin to a Spa Balcony and the girl could give me much better rates than what I could see online. She checked probably 4 different rates where I could only see 2 available to me online. She then gave me the best deal. She was really great about comparing everything and making sure I got the best deal on my upgrade. I ended up only paying an additional $2.52 to upgrade from an aft balcony to a Spa Balcony. :)

Edited by Mysticks1

[QUOTE=Tapi;41578961]Price is not negotiable, but there are some fare codes that are not available by booking online and you must book through a live person who can verify eligibility. This is a HUGE reason why we book through a PVP. I qualify for a fare code not available on the website. It's consistently cheaper than website prices, several times hundreds of dollars cheaper.

Keep in mind that it's not like a PVP has access to exclusive discounts not found anywhere else. Pretty much any rate that your PVP quotes, anybody else can offer you as well. The BIG difference between a GREAT PVP and everyone else is the experience and knowledge necessary to dig, find, and offer these fare codes which sometimes are buried in the system.

The Carnival reps that you get just by calling the 800 number can see rates that you can't see. This week I called and upgraded my cabin to a Spa Balcony and the girl could give me much better rates than what I could see online. She checked probably 4 different rates where I could only see 2 available to me online. She then gave me the best deal. She was really great about comparing everything and making sure I got the best deal on my upgrade. I ended up only paying an additional $2.52 to upgrade from an aft balcony to a Spa Balcony. :)

Next cruise I book through our PVP, I will ask if there is a different rate than what I see online. Used the same PVP for 8 years, and he has never booked us at a rate better than what I see online. We'll see.