Nervous About the Sensation...

Quirkxofxart

I am just off the Sensation and once again had a great time! One of the things worth sharing is that while on board this trip I learned that the Sensation is currently #2 in customer satisfaction directly behind the Carnival Spirit which is sailing in Australia. The cruise director, Wee Jimmy (Ralph Valente) said that it's hard to compete against the Aussies because they always have a great time with a bit excessive liquor. Somewhat tongue in cheek I'm sure, but still..... the crew on the Sensation is wonderful!

It's one of the few ships that still has the complete show bands and has a couple very good quality production shows. The piano bar players move around but I loved the one we just had...... we do find the decor of hands a bit creepy at that lounge though.

This was my first cruise to book and enjoy the Chef's Table..... oh boy, that was fantastic and a real treat.

We did note that there were a LOT of first time cruisers on board with us for this cruise, it was a lot of fun talking to many of them and hearing their tales of joy. Even though the shorter cruises have more of a party reputation so long as you aren't sailing during spring break or major holiday it's not as crazy as most of the stories shared. Worst thing for most of them I think is learning how to get around the ship, it can be a bit overwhelming the first time, even on these "smaller" ships. They're smaller but they are still very BIG!

Keep your fingers crossed that Wee Jimmy is still the cruise director, he loves this ship and will be there if it's left up to him. Definitely go to the welcome aboard show (sometimes us old timers pass on this) Wee Jimmy brings hilarity to it..... believe me.

The comedy shows are great.

Definitely go and enjoy!

Last yr was my families first cruise and I had the same feeling and thoughts as you are regarding sensation. And yes its a smaller ship but if you never been you wont realize it. Its still huge. Loved it. Also was a four day Bahamas cruise. Port Canaveral is wonderful and fast. Its a great first cruise boat as many have stated or a quick party getaway. My kids to mention they did not like all the drinkers and I dont know if thats like that on all ships but its not to bad

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk