Latest Celebration review?

As you have just returned from the Celebration, we will be going on the Celebration next month and I was just wondering if you knew:

1. Is Duty Free shops open on the evening at Tenerife?

2. Does anyone know if they sell Tia Maria?

3. Do they still let you have a bottle in your cabin?

Thanks

Sue

got bak on the 7th replied to this on a previous post

1. Is Duty Free shops open on the evening at Tenerife?

2. Does anyone know if they sell Tia Maria?

3. Do they still let you have a bottle in your cabin?

1 yes unless any flight delays causing a very late sailaway, was open at 22.30/ we sailed at 22:00

2 sorry can't help you will this

3 yes

plus thy had 2 15% off cigs and alcohol sale days

Hi have seen some really bad reviews of this ship recently and as this is our first cruise I'm getting a little worried. Are people just expecting too much? Also my biggest concern is the formal night. How many men actually wear a Tux these days? My husband doesn't want to feel over dressed..

Hi have seen some really bad reviews of this ship recently and as this is our first cruise I'm getting a little worried. Are people just expecting too much? Also my biggest concern is the formal night. How many men actually wear a Tux these days? My husband doesn't want to feel over dressed..

tbh most men do wear a dinner suit and it's really lovely to see everyone dressed up. I'd say if he's got one wear it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We came off the celebration on Feb 7th.There is no doubt fewer and fewer guys are wearing dinner suits .Suits or jacket and tie now make up the majority and in my opinion make for a better photo if you want to splash the cash.A few wear just shirt and tie and a very few go casual .

We did the Colourful Coasts on 7th Feb. We have been on Celebration many times and found maybe the food was not quite as good as previous times but that is only a small part of the experience. The rest of the cruise was brilliant. The entertainment and crew were great.We saw no evidence of NV although there was no self service in the Lido for the entire cruise, the staff served the food wearing gloves. There were a couple of choppy sea nights so take some appropriate medication, we use Stugeron and were ok. Many did not make it to the Captains night so not much atmosphere or dressing up. There were a few dinner jackets and they looked really good.

Go with an open mind and enjoy the experience.