Second City Question

Juliayn

I know people seem to have a love/hate relationship with this show and I get it may be vary from night to night. My question is - has anyone taken their kids to the show and did they enjoy it? What ages would probably be more likely or less likely to enjoy it?? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Can't give you and age but the 7 ish show is for families and then they usually do and adult only show later I think around 9pm.

We personally have never enjoyed there shows as its so much in prov ( with the exceptions of the blow up doll) due to the repetitiveness from show to show ship to ship yet we still keep going hoping for change and then walk out half way through.

I know people seem to have a love/hate relationship with this show and I get it may be vary from night to night. My question is - has anyone taken their kids to the show and did they enjoy it? What ages would probably be more likely or less likely to enjoy it?? Thanks!!

The two shows in the evening are for all ages. They do a late show one night at like 11:30 or midnight that is adults only.

Some of the bits they do kids might find humor in and some of it would just fly over their heads. Obviously a lot of it depends on the age of the kids.

Humor is VERY subjective and what doubles some over laughing others will just stare blankly like a confused German Sheppard.

Bottom line is you don't have to worry about them dropping F bombs or anything of that nature in the normal evening shows.

Depends on your kid. The late night show is adults only but people still had their kid in there. Really annoyed me as our show was standing room only and I would never take a little kid to an adult show.

But I did enjoy all the second city shows I have seen.

• 3 months later...
Depends on your kid. The late night show is adults only but people still had their kid in there. Really annoyed me as our show was standing room only and I would never take a little kid to an adult show.

But I did enjoy all the second city shows I have seen.

So it sounds like no one checks to ensure the person is 18+? Reason I'm asking is that while I would never take a 10-year old to an adult only show, our youngest will be less than a month shy of 18 and gets the adult humor -- Would hate to show up and have her turned away.

Doesn't sound like this happens.... everyone gets in?

So it sounds like no one checks to ensure the person is 18+? Reason I'm asking is that while I would never take a 10-year old to an adult only show, our youngest will be less than a month shy of 18 and gets the adult humor -- Would hate to show up and have her turned away.

Doesn't sound like this happens.... everyone gets in?

If your daughter looks her age and is with you I wouldn't anticipate a problem. I have seen the staff in the late shows ask people with younger kids to depart the venue.

If your daughter looks her age and is with you I wouldn't anticipate a problem. I have seen the staff in the late shows ask people with younger kids to depart the venue.

Thanks... that won't be a problem -- 17 going on 22. We usually have to tell the waiter to not put a wine glass in front of her when we order a bottle of wine.

Much older to enjoy it. Although we've seen younger children in there, it's completely inappropriate (blow up doll humor) at every time slot.