Do you dress and/or act

arhillbilly

This sounds like me! In normal life I have six boys between 6-17 years. I run our rental property portfolio and a very busy household. I am cook, clearer, chauffeur, motivational speaker, problem solver, negotiator, social coordinator and general domestic goddess. I am mature, responsible, dependable and unflappable. I run our home with extreme focus on time management skills and personal discipline. I never leave doing the laundry because 'I can't be bothered'!

And in three months time, I'm handing the house, the kids and the dog to my mum and my sister and flying to the other side of the world to do my first cruise with my beloved husband for our 15th wedding anniversary and 40th birthdays. At that point I firmly intend to be waited on hand and foot, laze around and not do anything unless I feel like it, maintain a blood alcohol concentration of around 0.03%, and enjoy not having to rush anywhere, do anything or listen to complaints, sniping or arguments!

So yes, I think I will be acting quite differently from normal life. The real me will come out from under the all-encompassing mom costume that I wear most of the time. :D

Wow, I choked up reading this...in a good way. I'm so happy that you are getting to do this with your husband and I wish you both a Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary...add to that...I wish you an awesome time on your cruise!:D

• 2 weeks later...
This sounds like me! In normal life I have six boys between 6-17 years. I run our rental property portfolio and a very busy household. I am cook, clearer, chauffeur, motivational speaker, problem solver, negotiator, social coordinator and general domestic goddess. I am mature, responsible, dependable and unflappable. I run our home with extreme focus on time management skills and personal discipline. I never leave doing the laundry because 'I can't be bothered'!

And in three months time, I'm handing the house, the kids and the dog to my mum and my sister and flying to the other side of the world to do my first cruise with my beloved husband for our 15th wedding anniversary and 40th birthdays. At that point I firmly intend to be waited on hand and foot, laze around and not do anything unless I feel like it, maintain a blood alcohol concentration of around 0.03%, and enjoy not having to rush anywhere, do anything or listen to complaints, sniping or arguments!

So yes, I think I will be acting quite differently from normal life. The real me will come out from under the all-encompassing mom costume that I wear most of the time. :D

Aww I also loved this, I hope you have an amazing time :)

Late post.. I like this thread.

I to act different from my normal life. I really enjoy cruising because I can dress up at night and dress completely casual in the day (to include no make up and really tangled salt water doused hair). I've come back from beach days looking seriously tore back!. my days are spent caring for those who cannot care for themselves and then coming home to my donkeys, pig, ducks and geese oh, and dogs to who require a whole different set of clothes. then there is the time spent at the gym... 6 days a week with the hair back in a bun.

it just nice to actually do my hair. well, until day 2 when I realize its so dang humid out I shouldn't bother anyway :o

Wow, I choked up reading this...in a good way. I'm so happy that you are getting to do this with your husband and I wish you both a Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary...add to that...I wish you an awesome time on your cruise!:D

Aww I also loved this, I hope you have an amazing time :)

Thanks so much! I'm having a lot of fun planning it and thinking about it and time is passing - albeit at a snails pace! I am amusing myself by planning out my cruise wardrobe and taking advantage of the end of summer sales to stock up on nice outfits since we will be traveling from our winter into the Mediterranean summer.

Lara, I enjoyed reading your review of the MSC Armonia, especially since you travelled at a similar time of the year last year to what we will be traveling this year. How did you find the heat?

Lara, I enjoyed reading your review of the MSC Armonia, especially since you travelled at a similar time of the year last year to what we will be traveling this year. How did you find the heat?

Being from the cold, rainy UK I love the chance to enjoy warm sunny weather but on that trip it was very hot indeed! I didn't burn because being very fair skinned I am obsessive about applying high factor sun cream, but on a couple of occasions I over-heated to the extent that I felt really uncomfortable. I just tried to be sensible and spend time in the shade when I would have normally been sunbathing. I would say take plenty of loose light clothes and always carry water and you should be fine.

I dress a whole lot better on cruises because I have no need to do so at home, except for the occasional fund raiser. I love dressing up fancy at night, and do so every night of the cruise, even on casual nights. People may look askance at me, but I don't care. I love wearing my fancy clothes. As for behavior, no I don't change who I am. I don't drink much at home, so I might have one or two extra at night, but it's not all booze all the time. I'm also not a go-go-go person on a cruise. I move when the mood strikes but I don't ever plan my day the night before. If I want to do something, I do it, but mostly it's just a sit and enjoy as things come along.