Buying transfers.

deerby27

I can't remember. When you buy transfers to the port from the airport on the Carnival website, do they charge them to your credit card immediately or do they just add the charges to your sail & sign account? Thanks for your help.

I have bought transfers at a few different ports through Carnival and they charged them to my card and it showed up on my check in documents. I think it is easier to grab a cab and not wait for a bus to fill up. Good luck.

It some depends on which port . In LA or San Francisco I would use a transfers . If the taxi fare is less than the transfer for two. In LA and San Francisco the taxi fare is about $80 - $100 from the port to the airport.

It some depends on which port . In LA or San Francisco I would use a transfers . If the taxi fare is less than the transfer for two. In LA and San Francisco the taxi fare is about $80 - $100 from the port to the airport.

Port Canaveral and New Orleans are other ports where a taxi isn't feasible for transfer.

If you purchase transfers on Carnival's website, your charge card will be charged immediately just like any other excursion that you purchase on their website.

The only time the charge would appear on your Sail & Sign account is if you purchase a one-way transfer to the airport for after your cruise.

All cruiseline transfers are a rip off. Get your own transportation, you won't regret it.

That is your opinion. Many transfers are getting more and more expensive. I do my research. My transfer from PC to MCO was going to be $58pp on the low end. Sure if I wanted to get off the ship and see who was there it may be $30 or $45 pp back to the airport. I do not mind paying $35 pp and having an assured ride back.