Royal Princess questions

RhondaPerr

Hmm my post never appeared... A few questions about Royal... Is luggage valet service available, where you put the luggage out the night before and do not see it again till you get to your home airport? Did they have a soda package? Pop Choir new songs? Was there any issues with debarkation as far as enough workers to get people through immigration? Any issues with Mosquitos in St Maartin?

Thanks even after 32 cruises, I still read all the reviews :)

Can't say about Royal, but on most of our recent cruises the luggage program was offered maybe four days before the end of the cruise. Cost $25 (plus any airline costs) and only works on some airlines and some home ports. Other folks on this site have reported they only bought for one person, but then they had to print the second person's boarding pass at the airport. So far the only time we tried it we were not selected and the only notice we had was none - had NO deboarding tags when it came time to get our luggage out in the evening.

Several soda packages are available on all Princess ships. Around $5/day for unlimited fountain soda and $8 for soda plus shakes and mocktails and juices.

In our three trips to St Maarten we never saw a mosquito, although the flies were pretty bad on the city beach. No problem near the stores.

Hmm my post never appeared... A few questions about Royal... Is luggage valet service available, where you put the luggage out the night before and do not see it again till you get to your home airport? Did they have a soda package? Pop Choir new songs? Was there any issues with debarkation as far as enough workers to get people through immigration? Any issues with Mosquitos in St Maartin?

Thanks even after 32 cruises, I still read all the reviews :)

The # of custom agents changes daily.

"Luggage Valet" is a door-to-door luggage service whereby your luggage is shipped via a shipping company. Cost starts at. $95/bag.

EZ Check is offered in some ports by some airlines. If you are sailing from FLL, it's offered there. It's $20/pp and your flight must leave FLL after 11:30am and from MIA after 2pm. A form will be delivered to your cabin a few days before disembarkation.

Yes, there's a soda package which is a sticker that goes on the card of the person for which it's purchased. There's no difference if you pre-purchase or buy it onboard. Here are the cost and details. Scroll down to the bottom. http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp

Don't know about the Pop Choir but I don't think there are new songs.

Disembarkation depends on the number of ships arriving at the same time. You might also experience delays going through Security at the airport.

I've never had a problem with mosquitos in St. Maarten.

Does anyone know when the Royal goes in for it's first real Drydock? I read somewhere on here that they will be making some changes, including an Aft Pool :D
Unlikely before 2016. It would take a major dry dock and several weeks out of service to make structural changes. Regular maintenance dry docks are every 2-3 years.