Caribbean cruise on Oceania Riviera/Regatta or Celebrity Eclipse

travellerin1984

We have sailed on both Riviera and Regatta, and all I can say is the food is not as good as they (Oceania) think they are. All the brochures state how wonderful the food is but both my husband and I disagree. However on both cruises we have met some very interesting people and they do have a cooking class on board that I attended which was good fun. Also we didn't think the ship flowed very well and struggled in choppy waters. Next time it is Celebrity for us.

Thank you for your nice comments! We decided to book 14 nights on Celebrity Eclipse. After talking to our travel agent we decided to book Aqua class. Oceania is quite a lot more expensive than Celebrity so we made a budget and decided it is better to invest more money on excursions. The main reason was the drink package, we can enjoy all inclusive wines during the whole cruise. On Oceania it would have been a big cost to buy wine for the meals. We still want to try Oceania. Maybe a mediterranean cruise next year... We are still young and have the time... And it might be that we are still too young for Oceania.

We do like Celebrity but sometimes you need something new. I think the ports Celebrity is offering are really interesting. I think it will make up for the entertainment part. And we could eat at the specialty restaurants couple of times, Tuscan grille and Murano.

Once again, thank you for your comments!

We sailed on the Riveria last winter and came back to Celebrity this year (just completed 31 Jan sailing Equinox)

Food on Riveria was far superior to Celebrity but no real entertainment after 10.00 and even at that it was all too subdued for me .

I woudl never say never but I think for our own tatstes we look at the overall package including the ports of call to make our decision about where we will spend our money with.

Scotslizzy