Wedding?????

aks1001

we got married on Golden Princess in 2003 and loved it :-) !!! We would do it again in a heart beat .... We were married on the 2nd day at sea by the captain :)

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/celebrations/wedding/index.jsp

at the time they were the only cruise line to do weddings at sea ''I believe Carnival now does them too

http://www.carnival.com/wedding-cruises.aspx

Edited by cat_in_cda

My daughter was married on the Glory in (check the year in my signature). They had their own pastor marry them, in Port (Port Canaveral) before the sailing. About 70 friends and family boarded the ship, and disembarked before we sailed. About 20 of us, stayed aboard for the 7 day trip.. She was very happy with the wedding and reception!

Hi my daughter is getting married on the celebrity constellation on February 27th 2014 ... 2 1/2 weeks time. We are taking a rabbi onboard. Andrea at The Wedding Experience has been wonderful and we have a terrific travel agent. She is truly amazing and has worked on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean weddings before. You have to work with either celebrity's group department or use a travel agent to work with the groups department. Putting a group and a wedding together is quite complicated and time consuming and our travel agent worked hard to get us what we wanted and some great perks too. I thoroughly recommend her. If you'd like to email me at gillyelf@gmail.com I'd be happy to answer any questions and give you my tel number. It has not been a stressful time at all although the bride has to realize that there are things that cannot be controlled and has to be prepared to go with the flow to a certain extent. My daughter is the opposite of a bridezilla and just wants to marry the man of her dreams on a beautiful ship in the middle of the ocean

Hi my daughter is getting married on the celebrity constellation on February 27th 2014 ... 2 1/2 weeks time. We are taking a rabbi onboard. Andrea at The Wedding Experience has been wonderful and we have a terrific travel agent. She is truly amazing and has worked on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean weddings before. You have to work with either celebrity's group department or use a travel agent to work with the groups department. Putting a group and a wedding together is quite complicated and time consuming and our travel agent worked hard to get us what we wanted and some great perks too. I thoroughly recommend her. If you'd like to email me at gillyelf@gmail.com I'd be happy to answer any questions and give you my tel number. It has not been a stressful time at all although the bride has to realize that there are things that cannot be controlled and has to be prepared to go with the flow to a certain extent. My daughter is the opposite of a bridezilla and just wants to marry the man of her dreams on a beautiful ship in the middle of the ocean

Has your daughter gotten her location yet? We are getting married on 02/16/14 and have yet to get our time/location. Our coordinator has been great though :)

Has anyone got married on the cruise? My daughter is thinking about getting married a cruise next year. Is it OK? Would you get married on the ship again?

Thanks for the info.

My Son got married during a five day cruise. The nuptials were not on the ship, but in Nassau. My Daughter In Law, did most of the organizing and planning and we all pitched in to help with the details. Saved them a ton of money! We had 60 people cruising for the five day adventure and everyone really enjoyed it. A little heads up..... there is a big difference on getting married on the ship vs on an island, basically with what is and what is not allowed. If you and your daughter don't want to plan or organize and just want to hire someone to do it all, you can go through the cruise line. If you are planners and organizers you can save yourself a ton of money doing it yourself :)

Has your daughter gotten her location yet? We are getting married on 02/16/14 and have yet to get our time/location. Our coordinator has been great though :)

Yes, we requested the Reflections Lounge and it was confirmed. Are you getting married on the Constellation? I think we have "spoken" before on cruisecritic and i told you about buying out the Tuscan Grille. Did you spend a day on the ship? That was invaluable and we ironed out the remaining details... More or less ... Well good luck ! You must be very excited. How many sailing with you? Are you having music during dinner?

No, we talked about it and then decided to have a "traditional" wedding.

BIG mistake.

Wish I could go back in time and reverse this decision.

The wedding reviews here all sound so lovely and rather simple. And many of the photos are to die for.

I'm very jealous of all the cruise brides.

Congrats to you daughter.