My experience with Noro

Natitude61

Thank you for your post!

Hubby got sick on cruise we just returned from, but we hadn't reported it. He stayed in the cabin and I had immodium with me. I took care of him and did a lot of scrubbing. I was fine through it. He stayed in the cabin an extra day because we didn't want to contaminate anyone, and even then didn't travel far.

We just found out that there were 52 or so cabins quarantined. Had we known that we would have reported, but we figured that going downstairs wouldn't help him at all. We didn't "hide" it at all, but did what we would have done at home.

After reading your post though, I think that we would report it in the future just so that they have an accurate count of sick passengers.

I'm glad to hear that you only had Noro for the end of your cruise and not a larger portion of it and that you're feeling better.

Let me see, lounging on the balcony, free movies and internet, unlimited sodas and room service. I may just lie about not feeling well since that sounds like a perfect vacation to me, as long as you're not really ill. ;)

I'm surprised your DH didn't get sick after you.

Last month on Disney Dream, my adult daughter got noro; we went down to the clinic as she was doubled over in pain. She got the injection and two types of meds. She was quarantined to the cabin (obviously she just wanted to sleep). We got the "letter" stating she was quarantined and could order soft drinks from room service and that I could order room service from any of the MDR restaurants. We missed our early seating and I stopped by to drop off the tip (last night) and they told me to come back and they'd set me up. But by now I wasn't feeling all that well. When I called to order room service, they grilled me as to whom the food was for. They already knew Emily was sick and she was NOT allowed ANYTHING. only a liquid diet. I got a sandwich, but basically six hours after her symptoms started, I was pretty sick also. The next morning was time to disembark, so we left, she was in better shape than I was, so she drove us home the 4 hours. by the next day, I was fine too. Basically in your system 24-48 hours. Yes, we both lost weight.

Disney was nice enough, no charge for the clinic visit, but no OBC for next cruise or anything else. They did call a couple of times, I felt they were checking to make sure Emily was still in her room. Since we were leaving the next morning, we didn't mention I too was sick. I wasn't leaving the cabin either.