Changing cabin mates??

FloridaLaura

My husband and I are booked on the Valor in May. There may be a very slight chance he will not be able to sail. We dont want to cancel this cruise, because we have 6 others sailing in different cabins. If he ends up not being able to go, can I switch names and pay a fee and have my daughter (26 yr old) sail with me instead? Does anyone know what that fee would be to switch (if any) Also if she comes, then my 1 year old grandson will be coming also, from what I have seen, even 1 yr old get full fare pricing correct??

Depends on the rate you have, if yo have ES then you would be out $50 plus the rest of the deposit will go toward a future cruise so you would be paying $250 to change names. For most other fares it is a $50 change names after final payment. My MIL went on one like this, another family memeber did not have insurance and her work told her to stay or quit, so my MIL paided the $50 change fee (and airfare) and took her place.

Yes, your grandson would have to pay full fare for the 3rd person in the room. It would be less usually and the ship has to have room for the 3 in the cabin. Even if your cabin is setup for 3 if they already have too many they can say no more people in the room.

Edited by cruisecraze96

Depends on the rate you have, if yo have ES then you would be out $50 plus the rest of the deposit will go toward a future cruise so you would be paying $250 to change names. For most other fares it is a $50 change names after final payment. My MIL went on one like this, another family memeber did not have insurance and her work told her to stay or quit, so my MIL paided the $50 change fee (and airfare) and took her place.

Yes, your grandson would have to pay full fare for the 3rd person in the room. It would be less usually and the ship has to have room for the 3 in the cabin. Even if your cabin is setup for 3 if they already have too many they can say no more people in the room.

If booked ES and they cancel out the hubby after final payment he would lose the whole deposit or more depending on how close to the sail date he cancels.

If not ES I have read recently that Carnival is not charging the $50 fee for name changes but haven't tried it myself. YMMV

Edit:

I just read your past post and you are not booked ES and your final payment is the 25th so disregard the ES stuff.

I would call Carnival and ask them what the charge is if any.

Bill

Edited by S.S.Oceanlover

My husband audition results have not been announced yet! They said hopefully the ones who make it through to round 2 will be notified in Jan if at all possible, looks like we are gonna have to wait and see, still no word! Fingers crossed he makes it to the next round, but hoping 2nd auditions wont be the week we are sailing!

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering something similar thanks for the post.

my situation is this.....

My family of 3 booked a cruise months ago. A friend said she wanted to go. So We called to get her booked in another cabin. My PVP moved me into her cabin as she is a solo cruiser - between the 2 of us I would pay her the 3rd person rate which helps her.

Fast Forward 5 months she now has another person wanting to join her and she is thinking about bringing her son as well.

So now we are needing to move me back with my family and add 2 guests to her cabin. We booked the 2014 preview sale and got a great rate. I'm hoping we can do the switcheroos with out changing our rates other than the addition of extra guests. I'd hate to loose the rate I got.