Aug 9 Trip-Documents and Alcohol for room

nutmegger

We are on the Aug 9th crossing, but have not received any (preliminary or final) documents from Cunard. We faxed the registration forms from the internet download. Have other people had major delays in getting documents? How soon prior to departure did you get documents? (I understand from this forum and my travel agent that the new computer system has caused delays).

Also, We like to enjoy a drink in our room when on vacation and usually buy a bottle to mix a quick drink immediately upon returning. Can you purchase a full bottle of alcoholic beverage (other than wine) for room consumption? Any idea what the cost is?

Am also on the 09 August Crossing. There are three others from the forum I know about also! WELCOME! And WELCOME to Cruise Critic.

I have also not gotten any 'pre cruise' docs and am expecting the final ones any day now. Another poster on the same cruise did get pre cruise and a notice of a shipment the other day that they assumed was final doc.

I also faxed in the pre registration materials. On the documents page http://www.cunard.com/Planner/Default.asp?plan_active=Forms you can download and order/fax a gift order form. Normally this would be for someone sending YOU a gift .. but you can send youself some liquor from the sheet also. That's what I have done already...got a bottle of scotch waiting for me!

See you onboard. Look at the rollcall for the QM2 09 Aug for the rest of us!

JohnR

The below was received by me as a reply to a question,

Guests can bring their own drinks with them, we do charge corkage

fee for this unless you drink it in their your suite. Corkage is charged at

$13.00 a bottle.

We do suggest if you do decide to bring your own drink with you,

then it is safely stored in you suitcases.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any further

assistance.

Yours sincerely Rachael Laming Cunard Guest Services Carnival UK

This may help your unwinding prior to dinner.

We received an email yesterday that Vantage was sending a package by UPS, due to arrive July 25, which we assume to be the documents for our Aug. 9 sailing. About liquor in your room. I pour up ours before leavinghome in several plastic flasks, designed in different sizes for this purpose, which you can buy in any liquor store and elsewhere and have never had any problem doing this, plus the plastic flasks are lighter and safer than bottles. I do know people who actually carry the glass bottles in their luggage.

I forgot to mention we always put the plastic flasks in our carryons--they are lighter than bottles and not as much danger of leakage due to air pressure changes in the baggage campartment of the plane.

Our documents for the Aug 9th crossing are due tomorrow, July 22, according to UPS. Will post Frdiay Night to let you all know what we got. Welcome Nutmegger we look forward to meeting you on the Lady.

John it looks like we've got a good group for the 9th crossing.

Any one who asks about liquid libations is a person after our own hearts...

The Golds

Archived