Freedom of the Seas Honeymoon Cruise

Hey Everyone,

I have booked a July 6th cruise on the Freedom of the Seas for my honeymoon. I have been on a few cruises, but my wife to be has been on 11 and is obsessed with them. As a result, I am trying to figure out something new we can do on our honeymoon cruise. Neither of us have been on this ship. Does anyone have some advice on how to make a honeymoon cruise awesome or something unique and interesting that can be done on the Freedom of the Seas?

Thanks for the help!

Firstly, it will be special because it's your honeymoon, and also because you will be experiencing this ship for the first time together. You don't say if you or she have ever been on a Freedom-class ship.

If you've added your honeymoon as a cruise celebration (through the website or have your travel agent do if that's how you booked), you will be invited to a newlyweds reception. There are various romance packages that can be purchased that offer things like champagne, food items, robes, photo packages, room decorations.

You could book a special dinner for two at Chops Grille or Portofino, request a table for two for your evening dining otherwise, or order room service and stay in your stateroom for an intimate meal.

Depending on the itinerary, there may be special excursions to try together, or if you're stopping at Labadee/Coco Cay, you could get a cabana.

If you like the spa treatments offered on board, you could try a couples package of some sort--I'm sure there's more information around about that elsewhere (it's not something we've done).

And of course you could always try to be the newlywed couple on the Love & Marriage show, if you're into that kind of attention.

Thanks for the advice CntPAcruiser. This is our first time on a freedom class. Usually we do the smaller ships with the exception of the Oasis. You mentioned the Chops Grill. I have been debating doing that but there are several options. I saw listed a regular dinner, a wine dinner, and a mystery dinner. Do you have any experience with these? I am trying to figure out which one would be the most enjoyable. Also, Is there a particular night it is preferable to go to the specialty restaurants. I am interested in the love and marriage game show. Do you know how they select couples for that? Thanks for all the help :)

We've only been to Chops on Allure, and while overall it was a nice experience, I think it depends on your expectations and your on-land restaurant experiences whether you'll think it was great or just ok. And a good waiter can make all the difference. No experience with the specialty dinners, but perhaps once the search functions come back online you can do some looking here on CC for others who have asked similar questions or reviewed those dinners.

Freedom is a wonderful ship with lots to offer, though obviously not quite as big or as much as Oasis. Personally, I prefer Adventure to Oasis/Allure, and I'd definitely sail on Freedom or her sister ships again. I'm looking forward to trying some of the smaller-class ships someday, too.

There are different theories about which night to "skip" the main dining room for specialty dining. You'd have to find out the order of menus for your cruise and see if there's one less interesting to you. If you're on the roll call for your sailing, someone may have that information. Since the menus are the same, basically, on all RCI's ships, and if you intend to sail Royal again, you'll eventually get to try every menu at least once if you want, so don't worry about missing something.

As for choosing couples for the Love and Marriage show, I've read different things on here. I think I've seen that you can contact the entertainment staff once you're on board and ask to be included, then there is a selection process at the start of the show with audience participation. Again, there is more info. available here on CC once you're able to do a search for it.

You can also try the Cupcake class that they offer at the cupcake store on the promenade, that is if you guys like that type of thing. When we were on Freedom for our Honeymoon (2yrs ago), they also offered a pasta making class/demonstration and it filled up prior to us being able to book it...

The promenade is very nice on the Freedom, just enjoy your time and if you see something you like, then my advice is to book it before it fills up...

Have fun!

We were just on FOS for our honeymoon on the 12/8 sailing. It was just so wonderful. If you are doing the Western, I totally recommend the Salsa, Salsa and Margarita excursion in Cozumel, it was so much fun and they call out honeymooners too. If you are lucky you get to help make the strawberry margaritas!

We had it noted that we were honeymooners in our reservation, and when we went to Portofino's the first night, our dessert was accompanied with a plate that had "Happy Honeymoon" spelled out in chocolate. Sadly we didn't have our camera or our phones with us to take a photo of it.

We tried out for the Love and Marriage show and were THISCLOSE to getting on. They had to do a revote 3 times to pick between us and another couple. I was a bit disappointed, as I really wanted to do it.

I'd have the wine and cheese tray ordered for the room upon arrival.

I'd have her pick out a favorite perfume in the gift shop the first night.

I'd do the Rasul mud spa experience for two.

I'd tell my room steward to make LOVE monkeys for towel decor.

I booked my Honeymoon cruise on the Adventure and we are both really looking forward to it. I have been on the Voyager before, so it won't be the newest experience for me, but it's been 10 years and it will have a small drydock before then and my fiancee has only been on one cruise before, so it should be very special. I am really excited to see they pay attention to the Honeymoon note on the reservation. I was worried since RCI is pretty popular with newlyweds it would be kind of glossed over unless we purchased a romance package of some sort.

We would love to do the Love and Marriage game, and I'll do what I can to grease that wheel (not sure if the fact our honeymoon is 6 months after the wedding would help or hurt those chances). We won the "best couple" competition on our NCL cruise to Bermuda (not sure if RCI does that game, but it's basically a competition of raunchy challenges, like an adult Double Dare) and we loved being the center of attention on that cruise.

I'll sub this thread for any cool/different ideas for honeymooners.

We had our honeymoon on FOTS back in May 2011. It was too late to be on the Love and Marriage show as we got married in March and honeymooned in May (Husband was in college for his second degree, so we had to wait until school was out). I don't know if they still do it but there was a little honeymoon-er get together in one of the bars on the ship. I think eating at a specialty restaurant would be nice too or maybe a couple's spa treatment!

We just honeymooned on the Indy last week. Aside from recognizing us as honeymooners one night when we arrived at the MDR and our room steward congratulating us (because she had just decorated our room with "Just Married!" stuff), nothing else was really done to recognize us as honeymooners. Never were invited to a newlywed reception and didn't see mention of it in the Cruise Compass, although I read about it on here beforehand. Maybe the Indy doesn't do one?

Besides having our stateroom decorated, I ordered a bottle of champagne and my parents sent a bottle of wine to our room. We still had a wonderful honeymoon!

You can also setup a registry, similar to a wedding registry specifically geared towards the cruise. My husband and I did this and our family/friends were very generous...by the time we completed the cruise we had more than our share of celebration and champagne :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums