Airport to hotel transportation & Mardi Gra

ramdoggiesmom

We are arriving into New Orleans airport on March 1st at 9:50 pm. I'm starting to freak out about getting transportation from airport to Hilton Riverside hotel because of the parades etc. Wondering if I should get a shuttle or just hope we can get a taxi. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

While they may know a more efficient route without gridlock traffic, there will just be a lot of people in town and you are going to downtown, so expect to sit in some traffic, tons of people on the streets, plenty of street closures, etc. There is no secret Harry Potter porthole that is going to magically get you there quickly. My advice is to use the bathroom before leaving the airport as you may be in traffic.

We are arriving into New Orleans airport on March 1st at 9:50 pm. I'm starting to freak out about getting transportation from airport to Hilton Riverside hotel because of the parades etc. Wondering if I should get a shuttle or just hope we can get a taxi. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

You picked a good hotel. Very close to cruise terminal and parades. There will be some parades that day that you can walk to safely. Go down Poydras and take a left on St. Charles. Ask for times or google info before you leave. Have fun!!!