Formal Night ~ Brilliance of the Seas

bear11

Hello - My family of six (6), will soon be sailing out on the Brilliance of the Seas (Royal Caribbean). I am confused as to formal night(s). We will be sailing on a 4 night cruise. Can someone help me understand what formal night consists of? I have four children, so packing them "formal clothes (and shoes)" may be a challenge. Thanks in advance!

Typically on a 4 night cruise there will be fewer people dressing formal. We saw a wide range on our Brilliance cruise from casual to formal. I did not see any tuxedos but many men wore suits, and then there were those who wore polo shirts. I would not worry too much about it!

Pack the nicest pants/dress for your kids. Black sneakers are fine for the boys...

It's true...on the shorter cruises not as many folks go "all out" on formal night! Sometimes, the kid's club will do a special dinner for the kids, so they don't even have to go to the dining room, and can avoid dressing up at all!

Formal night will be night 2.