Carnival cocktail party

mdrobtx

Wow! Just tried to book our normal on board cocktail party. After 10 minutes on the phone setting it up with the group event planning coordinator, she sprung the new price on me.

In Oct it was 19.95 per person for a two hour open bar event. Now, $44 per person for the same two hour open bar event. New price started Nov 1st.

I politely declined.

At least their stock price has consistently increased over the last year. :p

• 4 weeks later...
Wow! Just tried to book our normal on board cocktail party. After 10 minutes on the phone setting it up with the group event planning coordinator, she sprung the new price on me.

In Oct it was 19.95 per person for a two hour open bar event. Now, $44 per person for the same two hour open bar event. New price started Nov 1st.

I politely declined.

At least their stock price has consistently increased over the last year. :p

Rob - Hey man, how have you guys been doing? I was about to start looking into setting up our Meet-n-Greet for our cruise in Sept, but this news bums me out. Not sure we'll have a Meet-n-Greet on Carnival's dime this time... :rolleyes:

On our last cruise, on the Liberty, I tried to set up a Meet & Greet for our roll call. You need at least twenty people to commit. Our roll call had a large group, more than enough for an M&G. But, because so many had purchased the Cheers Beverage Program, no one wanted to spend an additional $19.95 for the cocktail party. So, we had an informal M&G after the muster drill at the bar at the rear of the Lido deck, by the "Adults Only" pool. Based on the increase in the per person rate for a cocktail party, and the popularity of the Cheers Program, the Meet & Greet cocktail party may well become a thing of the past.:(

We had one on the Sunshine last week. They honord the old price and we could order any drink we wanted. I had a drink as I entered and one of the wait staff asked me what I was drinking, I told him and a few minutes later he brought me two. Really had a lot of fun at this one, very active roll call and a great group of people.

The cocktail parties of the past really were the best bang for the carnival buck.

And the price was not so high that even non drinkers would pay the price to go to the M&G

I no longer think that will be happening.

Might as well just meet up and everyone buy as you go for a couple hours.

That works just as well for me, as I don't drink but one or two anyway.