First time cruiser- can anyone help with dining information?

luce007

Hi all,

My husband and I are booked on the Arcadia for a 7 night cruise to the Norweigan fjords. We are both so excited and as it will be our first cruise we have lots of questions. I've found the P&O site to be quite helpful but one thing I'm not sure of is the dining situation.

Do P&O pre-release the dates of the more formal nights and/or menus before you sail? We would like to have at least one night in the Ocean Grill (select dining) and would like to book it sooner rather than later. Saying this, we don't want to book it and then find we've missed out on one of the black and white nights in the main restaurant! Does anyone know if you can find this out in advance and/or see the menus to help with the tricky decision making of where to eat! Ahhh.... problems, problems!

Many thanks,

Lucy:)

In our experience Select restaurants don't get fully booked. As soon as you embark you will be able to check when formal nights are and book the restaurant at the same time.

On our 7 night Fjord trip the first formal was the second evening after the day at sea, black and white evening was the evening you leave your last port of call, prior to the return sea day.

Hi Lucy you can view menus for all ships on P and O website or on iglucruise ,then you can book a table in advance in any of the select dining places, if you look at P and O website under F.A.Questions you will find all the info there

P & O do post a list of dress codes for each night of a cruise, see this link

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/dress_code_all

For Arcadia cruises until J423 are listed.

Hope this helps

Thank you for posting the link, I've cruised with P&O previously & never knew this existed on their website; very informative & helpful.