Millennium 6145/6 vs. 6131/2

jaspersmommy

I am thinking of doing another Alaska cruise in 2015 and want to be ready to book my cabin as soon as the 2015 itineraries are released next month.

The last time we went to Alaska on Millennium, we originally booked 6145 but ended up upgrading to a Celebrity Suite after fares dropped - so I never did actually see the suite. I believe that 6145 and 6146 are larger than standard S1s and are decorated a little nicer. I realize that they adjoin the Penthouse suites and share the same butler, but having the best butler is not really something that matters to me a whole lot.

I've seen several threads indicating that 6131 and 6132 are also highly desirable. Can anyone tell me what is different about 6131 and 6132? From the deck plans, it looks as though they have larger, angled balconies. Is that the only advantage to 6131/2? Are those cabins standard size, or are they also larger than the standard S1?

From what I recall, there was no covering over the 6145/6 balconies on Millie, and I would be concerned about a lack of privacy. For those of you who are familiar with all of these suites, which would you prefer - 6145/6 or 6131/2?

Many thanks!

6131/2 are the standard sized rooms, not quite as nice in my opinion as 6145/6, but they have larger balconies with an extra forward facing wedge. There is even less privacy, from our CS on Connie we could look down the ship into the balcony, though on connie they are covered from above, I don't believe they are on Millie.

Even with a smaller closet, I think 6145/46 would be my first choice as everything else is nicer/bigger, especially that bathroom. Then, like you I'd try to upgrade :)

Happy Sailing,

Jenna