Melbourne International Airport departure flight time question

Frohoss

For those that have flown out of Melbourne International Airport, Do you think an 11:30am departure flight time is too risky after returning from a cruise?

We'll be returning from our DC on a Saturday (Dec 13) at 7:30a which I imagine we'd be off the ship by 8a-9a???

Haven't decided how we'd get to MLB from the port yet under pressure. Just weighing my options at this point between MLB vs MCO. Flying into/out of MLB is a couple hundred dollars less than MCO. If we flew out of MLB it's either an 11:30a flight or a 6pm flight. Otherwise we spend a couple hundred more and fly out of MCO with more appealing departure flight times 1p-3p.

Thanks in advance.

it is going to take you about the same time to get to Melbourne as it would Orlando so that's a wash. (Melb is closer but there isn't the direct highway route to get you there)

That's the bad news.

The good news is that once you get there 90% of the time your plane is the only one loading so the line thru security is minimal. Two planes in Melbourne at the same time is a crowd! 30 minimum wait for security in Orlando is a GOOD day; 45 minutes or more is common.

You can make it - I'd do self walk off myself but I like all the extra time I can get.