Aft location preferred for Balcony?

mnsweeps

My DW and I will be staying in our first AFT balcony on the Magic, cabin 8475 in 17 days. I can give you our opinion when we get back. We have only had regular balcony's and I'm excited to try a new cabin location :D

We have 8468 and 8470 booked :) let us know how it is

Anyone with info on cabins 8459 and 8461 on the Liberty would appreciate getting a definite answer whether or not the balcony dividers open up or can they remove them? I see a post from 2007 where someone said they physically removed the panel between both balconies and had it stored somewhere?

Bummer. It might have to do with the divider blocking the cabin door out to the balcony.

Cabin 8459 8N 185/60 sq ft

Beds: twin/king

View: window and extended balcony connecting balconies: 8457

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; sofa and coffee table

Balcony features: 2 patio chairs and table

Note: Cabin has twin/king-1 sofabed on: CQ VA GL

Smoking permitted on balcony only

Cabin 8461 8N 185/60 sq ft

View: window and extended balcony connecting balconies: 8454

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; chair and coffee table

Note: Cabin has a sofa instead of a chair on: LI FD

Bummer. It might have to do with the divider blocking the cabin door out to the balcony.

Cabin 8459 8N 185/60 sq ft

View: window and extended balcony connecting balconies: 8457

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; sofa and coffee table

Note: Cabin has twin/king-1 sofabed on: CQ VA GL

Cabin 8461 8N 185/60 sq ft

View: window and extended balcony connecting balconies: 8454

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; chair and coffee table

Note: Cabin has a sofa instead of a chair on: LI FD

In deed this is a "Bummer" I think I will have to buy the cheers program now as we will probably not spend as much time on our balcony ( too funny as we were going to purchase it anyhow!!!) Wonder if the person in one of the connecting cabins would switch??? Hmmmm there is a thread!!

I have booked many ext afts. Just be careful of the new ships. I booked an aft on the Breeze last year and the afts next to the wraps were much smaller than the middle afts. I was disappointed!

Oh great that's the oe we booked! Still bigger than a regular balcony? Guess I can't complain it only cost me $300.00 for the two of us.

We LOVE our aft cabins on Explorer. We always go for deck. 10 corner aft, but this next cruise it was already sold so we picked another aft balcony on the same floor. Yes the people in the Windjammer can see me if I'm at my railing waving a towel at the Bermudawebcam, but we all had fun with it ;) yes there were a few days we had soot particles on the furniture. I wiped it off with a used bath towel & voila, clean.. nothing to me is more peaceful than sitting out there watching the ship's wake... I sleep like a baby back there too. I leave my door open all night... did I mention the balcony fits 2 chaise lounges 2 chairs & a table? Breakfast out there is wonderful (sans soot particles) ;) Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I only like the aft if it's better than a standard room. Otherwise, we like the sides.

We had a corner aft on the ExOS on deck ten. It was OK, but awkward, especially with those misplaced poles. I came home with more lumps than I left with, although that "cove" came in handy during a downpour.

I only like the aft if it's better than a standard room. Otherwise, we like the sides.

We had a corner aft on the ExOS on deck ten. It was OK, but awkward, especially with those misplaced poles. I came home with more lumps than I left with, although that "cove" came in handy during a downpour.

Hahaha. A friend of mine refers to that pole in the room as my "stripper pole"! ;) or if you mean the beams out on the balcony, after 4 stays in that room, I'm accustomed to it & ducking. That's home to me. I wish I could get it again this next trip, my last on Explorer. :'(

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk