Argentina Forces Cunard Cruise Ship to Lower British Flag

LauraS

Americans largely stopped overseas trips after 911, Europeans largely didn't.

Not sure why the difference.

David.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for a couple of years after the events of Sept. 11th, I spend my time and money where I felt it was badly needed - in New York City, my hometown. As the City was recovering, I met many people who had travelled to NY to show their support and solidarity. To this day, I am touched by the number and variety of people I meet on the streets of Manhattan, asking for directions to Ground Zero.

David, for what period of time are you saying Americans largely stopped overseas travel?

Salacia

David, upon reflection, I withdraw the question. The events of Sept 11 have nothing whatsoever to do with the topic of the thread, and to raise the rhetoric, referencing wars going back centuries and several continents (as has been the case in previous posts) does nothing to move the discussion forward.

As regards to the topic: It seems to me that International Maritime Law, as it currently exists, should be applied - and alleged violations must be adjudicated. Regards, S.

The events of Sept 11 have nothing whatsoever to do with the topic of the thread, and to raise the rhetoric, referencing wars going back centuries and several continents (as has been the case in previous posts) does nothing to move the discussion forward.

As regards to the topic: It seems to me that International Maritime Law, as it currently exists, should be applied - and alleged violations must be adjudicated. Regards, S.

Thanks for your contribution. I agree. :)

David, upon reflection, I withdraw the question. The events of Sept 11 have nothing whatsoever to do with the topic of the thread, and to raise the rhetoric, referencing wars going back centuries and several continents (as has been the case in previous posts) does nothing to move the discussion forward.

Well to be fair, I was replying to a post where the poster said that he would not visit any area where there was or had been any hint of trouble. Fair comment, and a personal view.But like Like Lynn I also lived through the war and maybe those years leave an imprint.

Maybe I should have added that this is just what the "trouble makers" want to happen. Including Argentina.

David.