Summer 15 bookings are loaded in now! Quantum to follow later on this afteroon

Something to add, we've got another ship in the north east for 2015! Just noticed that in addition to the Brilliance of the Seas doing it's usual northern transatlantic route in late summer 2015 ending in Baltimore followed by several Canada sailings, the Serenade of the Seas is doing a series of one way sailings between Cape Liberty and Quebec Canada in September and October 2015. She has no listed destination for the summer with her time in New Orleans ending in April and then these Cape Liberty dates in the fall. Could those speculations about a Radiance Class ship coming to Cape Liberty for the summer to pick up Bermuda be true? In the past she had been doing Europe sailings out of Barcelona in the summer with direct 16 night transatlantic sailings between Barcelona and New Orleans. It seems like with the exception of Anthem all of the European and transatlantic sailings are already available so I'm not sure her adding a northern return route would be a valid reason for this appearance. With Allure in Barcelona they may have felt the ability to remove both the Serenade and Liberty from the port. Either way it's an interesting surprise that I haven't seen mentioned before. The only other ship I've seen with a route like this was the Legend of the Seas who is doing random European port hopping this summer and then stopping in Cape Liberty once this fall on her way back. Currently Legend has no sailings available for next summer so maybe it's even a swap of those ships.

Edited by DEIx15x8

Something to add, we've got another ship in the north east for 2015! Just noticed that in addition to the Brilliance of the Seas doing it's usual northern transatlantic route in late summer 2015 ending in Baltimore followed by several Canada sailings, the Serenade of the Seas is doing a series of one way sailings between Cape Liberty and Quebec Canada in September and October 2015. She has no listed destination for the summer with her time in New Orleans ending in April and then these Cape Liberty dates in the fall. Could those speculations about a Radiance Class ship coming to Cape Liberty for the summer to pick up Bermuda be true? In the past she had been doing Europe sailings out of Barcelona in the summer with direct 16 night transatlantic sailings between Barcelona and New Orleans. It seems like with the exception of Anthem all of the European and transatlantic sailings are already available so I'm not sure her adding a northern return route would be a valid reason for this appearance. With Allure in Barcelona they may have felt the ability to remove both the Serenade and Liberty from the port. Either way it's an interesting surprise that I haven't seen mentioned before. The only other ship I've seen with a route like this was the Legend of the Seas who is doing random European port hopping this summer and then stopping in Cape Liberty once this fall on her way back. Currently Legend has no sailings available for next summer so maybe it's even a swap of those ships.
I noticed the Serenade in Cape Liberty as well yesterday when I was checking every five minutes. It made me wonder if Quantum will definitely stay for the Summer. I hope that she will just be an "addition" to Cape Liberty with "another" ship and not the actual "replacement" for Explorer. I would even be thrilled with Liberty but not so much with the Serenade. Edited by roe2ship

I noticed the Serenade in Cape Liberty as well yesterday when I was checking every five minutes. It made me wonder if Quantum will definitely stay for the Summer. I hope that she will just be an "addition" to Cape Liberty with "another" ship and not the actual "replacement" for Explorer. I would even be thrilled with Liberty but not so much with the Serenade.

I totally agree with you Roe. I would be very disappointed if Quantum isn't in NJ for the Summer 2015. I would love Liberty to come in it's place but not Serenade either. I like the ships with a Promenade...but just my opinion. Will keep checking RCI's site today for Quantum's Summer itinerary. *Fingers crossed*

The delay is due to the reclassification & Catg of the categories. Finance has the schedule. It was suppose to be downloaded yesterday as per Wit with C&A Society.

Thanks Ken, I know there are a lot of us that are anxiously awaiting the Summer schedule. :eek:

I noticed the Serenade in Cape Liberty as well yesterday when I was checking every five minutes. It made me wonder if Quantum will definitely stay for the Summer. I hope that she will just be an "addition" to Cape Liberty with "another" ship and not the actual "replacement" for Explorer. I would even be thrilled with Liberty but not so much with the Serenade.

I wouldn't worry too much about Quantum leaving given how much prices have increased on the existing sailings... she's obviously booking quite well.

The delay is due to the reclassification & Catg of the categories. Finance has the schedule. It was suppose to be downloaded yesterday as per Wit with C&A Society.

I'm still trying to make heads or tails of this reclassification... these are my understandings, correct me if I'm wrong:

-If you're booking for 2 people, you cannot select a cabin that accommodates 3 or 4 people.

-Suites are an exception.

I can think of about 10 problems this policy will cause right off the top of my head, but perhaps I misunderstand what's happening...?

I'm still trying to make heads or tails of this reclassification... these are my understandings, correct me if I'm wrong:

-If you're booking for 2 people, you cannot select a cabin that accommodates 3 or 4 people.

-Suites are an exception.

I can think of about 10 problems this policy will cause right off the top of my head, but perhaps I misunderstand what's happening...?

Wow really? I wonder how this will affect solo cruisers. For instance, there aren't that many solo cabins available on Quantum. If I can't book a cabin that accomodates two people even though I'm cruising solo and the solo cabins are all booked...what would I do? Hopefully this won't affect solo cruisers with that regard.

Wow really? I wonder how this will affect solo cruisers. For instance, there aren't that many solo cabins available on Quantum. If I can't book a cabin that accomodates two people even though I'm cruising solo and the solo cabins are all booked...what would I do? Hopefully this won't affect solo cruisers with that regard.

Haha first of all I'm not entirely confident my recitation of the changes is accurate, hopefully someone with a little more knowledge can back me up / correct me if I'm wrong :p

Second, even if what I said is accuate, I don't see why solos would be impacted if they're paying an additional supplement for the cabin (you'd know better than I would how that works). For instance, if you're paying 200% (is that what it is these days?) that's as if there are two people booking the room, so RCI is getting the same amount of money from the solo that they'd get from two people, just perhaps now two people's worth of onboard spending. Not sure if that makes sense, but just my thoughts.

Edited by Dave85

Haha first of all I'm not entirely confident my recitation of the changes is accurate, hopefully someone with a little more knowledge can back me up / correct me if I'm wrong :p

Second, even if what I said is accuate, I don't see why solos would be impacted if they're paying an additional supplement for the cabin (you'd know better than I would how that works). For instance, if you're paying 200% (is that what it is these days?) that's as if there are two people booking the room, so RCI is getting the same amount of money from the solo that they'd get from two people, just perhaps now two people's worth of onboard spending. Not sure if that makes sense, but just my thoughts.

No worries Dave, thanks for clarifying. I would think this wouldn't affect solo cruisers either. Come on Summer 2015 Quantum schedule! :D

No worries Dave, thanks for clarifying. I would think this wouldn't affect solo cruisers either. Come on Summer 2015 Quantum schedule! :D

I think I've thoroughly worn out the refresh button... the pixels are starting to revolt. :p

The serenade will be doing the Baltic Itin in the Summer of 2015.

http://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/royal-caribbean-sets-anthem-of-the-seas-itineraries.html

The serenade will be doing the Baltic Itin in the Summer of 2015.

http://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/royal-caribbean-sets-anthem-of-the-seas-itineraries.html

Thanks, sounds like she is replacing Legend's 2014 schedule then. Shows a lot of confidence from Royal Caribbean to double her Fall Foliage sailings out of the north east, especially with extra berths being added with Quantum.