GSC large vs small cabanas

Fivehole

Not sure if it's just me, but I can't access the search function. On Great Stirrup Cay, looking for definitive answers on small vs large cabanas, as I know the situation is in flux since they have been upgrading the island:

Do you have a server/cabana attendant at both size cabanas, or just large?

One thread said the beach in front of the small cabanas was rocky - has this changed?

How far from large cabana to the new, smaller buffet area?

Tormenting myself over which to rent for our family of 6 (four teenagers). Thinking the large cabanas are a bit of a walk from the beach, tough to keep an eye on everyone from afar?

Thanks in advance!

Not sure if it's just me, but I can't access the search function. On Great Stirrup Cay, looking for definitive answers on small vs large cabanas, as I know the situation is in flux since they have been upgrading the island:

One thread said the beach in front of the small cabanas was rocky - has this changed?

Tormenting myself over which to rent for our family of 6 (four teenagers). Thinking the large cabanas are a bit of a walk from the beach, tough to keep an eye on everyone from afar?

Thanks in advance!

I can't say about the small cabanas, I didn't even see them but we rented the large one. The service was terrible, hopefully it gets better. The buffet was not too far from me Cabana # 4. The beach is far, not a problem for us as we were all adults but I would imagine that watching children in the water would be difficult… Having the cabana was awesome… Loved the shower and hammock in the back!

DH said he thinks the smaller cabanas were the same distance to the beach.

Edited by antsnanny

I haven't seen where the small Cabanas are, but I have rented a large Cabana and REALLY loved it! I love how it's raised and you can see the entire beach and water in front of you. Our service was pretty good when we were there 2 years ago.

We have another large Cabana booked for next week…YAY! I will definitely post my thoughts when we return.

We booked a large one last year for our family of 5. Loved it and can't imagine doing GSC again without one. Service was not that great but to be honest we were there to chill out and relax so having some peace and our own private hideout a short walk from the water was perfect. I'm guessing the small ones are new as I don't recall seeing/knowing about them last March (2013).

I have reserved a small one for our Breakaway cruise in October. I don't expect to have waiter/butler service, so if that happens, great. I fully expect to go get our own food and drinks, aside from the food or drink you are supposed to preorder with the $50 credit you get for reserving the cabaña.

I would really appreciate any reviews of the island/cabaña. Thanks :)

Thanks in advance!

Not taking any credit for this video, another member posted it a while back and I just remembered seeing it. It will give you a pretty good idea of how far the beach will be from your cabana.