Carnival 2.0 Upgrades?

momof2cruiser

I understand that the 2.0 Upgrades include the list of new restaurants and waterworks, but when a ship is dry docked, what other typical upgrades are made to the ship? Do they do much to the cabins, like new rugs, TV's...etc? What about the main dining rooms?

Does anyone have some good pictures to share of some 2.0 upgrades?? :)

Waterworks actually isn't 2.0. Waterworks was added onto some ships somewhere around 2008, and the Dream in 2009 was the first ship to get it from the beginning. 2.0 started with the Liberty's drydock in mid-2011.

In drydocks, they do some deep cleaning, and they could change out some mattresses, carpets, drapes, TVs, etc. Gives them a chance to get a good check-up on mechanical & safety issues. It's almost impossible for us to know exactly what will be done in these respects on particular ships in drydock. Some of these things, on a much smaller scale, can be done at any point in time. I have definitely noticed the switching from the soft, comfy mattresses to the hard-as-a-rock mattresses, starting with the Miracle in 2011. That could be a slow process on a ship, as I'm sure they don't change all mattresses at once in a drydock. It may be a few rooms at a time throughout the years as they're sailing.

Thanks for the link! :)

Are there any ships that went thru the 2.0 upgrade and completed, or are they just getting started? I am still curious if they will spruce up the rooms, where needed. Like new rugs, TV's....etc.?

For sure, I know the Liberty, Conquest, and Triumph completed their 2.0 upgrades.

I "think" the Glory & Valor also completed 2.0.

Was on the Liberty, the month after the upgrades and they are pretty awesome.

Going on the Conquest in less than 2 weeks.

Andy

Edited by Harrier1961

For sure, I know the Liberty, Conquest, and Triumph completed their 2.0 upgrades.

I "think" the Glory & Valor also completed 2.0.

Was on the Liberty, the month after the upgrades and they are pretty awesome.

Going on the Conquest in less than 2 weeks.

Andy

In addition to those ships, and TECHNICALLY speaking the Sunshine went through the most complete 2.0 upgrade as part of its refurb. We sailed the Sunshine TA and enjoyed all of those upgrades.