"Last Minute" Cruises

nyc511

I live in NYC and can walk to the NCL pier. I also work for myself and can get up and go at a moments notice. Looking at travel sites, their idea of "last minute" is booking within 3 months. My idea of last minute is booking 3 days before! Anybody ever have any luck getting a real discount at the last minute? Hotels practically give their rooms away after a certain point.

I live in NYC and can walk to the NCL pier. I also work for myself and can get up and go at a moments notice. Looking at travel sites, their idea of "last minute" is booking within 3 months. My idea of last minute is booking 3 days before! Anybody ever have any luck getting a real discount at the last minute? Hotels practically give their rooms away after a certain point.

I have seen prices drop DRASTICALLY the week before sailing. I think there was an inside room on the Gem (9 night Caribbean from NY) for $319 a couple of weeks ago.

Prices for the March 17th cruise (same itinerary - I will be on it) have dropped and we are still a month out.

If you can leave on a few days notice, just keep your eye out for deals. My TA's website has the latest prices - and you can check every day and call when it hits the price you want to pay.

Not sure if I can put the website on here, so email if you want to know who I use. I can give you his name - I have used him for all my recent cruises :)

Absolutely. Just keep checking the NCL website. I've seen some fantastic last minute deals on there. Actually my new booking strategy because last minute airfares are so expensive from out here in the heartland is I am going to get a cheaper flight in advance and then book a last minute cruise.

I might not get the exact cabin I want but I'll save a nice amount of greenbacks.

Much thanks. Before I take the plung, I'll experiment with the NCL website and keep a chart of how the price changes for the various cabins. Thanks again

There is a website that does all of this charting for you and it is wonderful. I can't mention it here but if you email me I will provide it. My email address lljalbert@gmail.com

Thanks