Murphy's law....single rate

cruisinbabs

I would never ever do this. What has happened to MY WORD IS MY BOND? Or am I being old fashioned? I do know that among my circle of close friends none would bale out on a commitment to share cost, but perhaps we are all old fashioned.

I agree with you on this.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Does anyone know if you can price match with early saver if they reduce the single supplement?

I booked the Pride Repo cruise next March - and there are no accessible cabins (other than the 1 suite) that hold 3 people so I booked 2 cabins for my parents and I (mom and dad in one cabin and just me in the other). I'm paying 200% but booked under early saver. I know it's a long shot but if they reduce the single supplement for that cruise, could I match it using my early saver?

I don't know the answer to your question; however, I would not hold my breath waiting for such a reduction. I believe that cruise will sail FULLY BOOKED. When I booked Wednesday while on the Fantasy, the girl doing the booking said there were hardly any cabins left. It is the most popular cruise she is offering.

See you in March.:)

Kathy

I have always previously cruised with my husband but since he jumped ship (divorced) I am looking at booking a cruise for just myself, looking at the sept 28 conquest out of Miami, looks like it is 579, am I going to have to pay more as a single guest?

Thanks

Yes, I just did mock booking. Looks like you are looking at an ocean view. For 2 people booking it is $579 per person. For 1 person booking it is double at $1158 per person. It is early saver so there is a chance that when it gets closer they might drop the solo supplement and you can get the price reduction if before final payment or OBC if after final payment.

Well, when my best friend got a boyfriend & stopped going, I quit cruising as I got aggravated at how much the solo supplements were. Carnival was not my favorite cruise line, but if they're going to continue to seek out solo travelers like me by offering so many zero supplement cruises, I bet I can learn to love them. On a whim I checked Vacations to Go earlier this week & saw the Pride out of Baltimore on the 23rd with a screaming deal with no supp. I begged a few coworkers for swaps, got the time & booked it with under a week to go. I think I got a pretty decent cabin, extended balcony. deck 8, amidships. I'm psyched!! I retire in May so maybe there'll be a few more of these in my future! :-)

I would never ever do this. What has happened to MY WORD IS MY BOND? Or am I being old fashioned? I do know that among my circle of close friends none would bale out on a commitment to share cost, but perhaps we are all old fashioned.

I don't think MY WORD IS MY BOND exists anymore. I booked a cruise with a roommate and she bailed on me with same lame excuse that I new was not the truth. I will never book a cruise with a roommate again. Lesson learned.

I have always previously cruised with my husband but since he jumped ship (divorced) I am looking at booking a cruise for just myself, looking at the sept 28 conquest out of Miami, looks like it is 579, am I going to have to pay more as a single guest?

Thanks

The best thing is to wait at least after payment date. They release their no single supplement cruises about 2 months out. Besides that you can even find more cruises than the one they have published, a couple of weeks before the cruise.

Just wondered how exactly one knows that there is no single supplement?? Do you have to do a blind search on everything individually and wait until you stumble upon one with zero supplement?? Basically...what am I looking for???

I have heard there is a list on the Carnival website. The way I look for it is to do a search for the time frame I am looking at going putting in 1 passenger. The no solo supplement ones will be at the top.