Searching for AFT Balcony cabins?

joyinam

Does anyone know of a site that will allow me to search for cruise ships and itineraries using AFT Balcony as a search criteria? Often, the choice of cabin is as important to me as pricing and itinerary. Other than choosing, looking at deck plans, etc.....which takes forever (fun, though!;) ) I was hoping that there might be a preliminary search that will show AFT Balcony availability. Any ideas? Thanks.

I called Royal Caribbean and asked them to check for aft cabins on the Rhapsody and he looked for me and told me which dates had them. If you know what ship you would like to take I'm sure the cruise line would look for you. If you find a site like that, I sure would like to know.

Good Luck!

Because aft cabins are highly sought after-- youwill have to call and see if they are available. Some agencies will take them and hold them in their stock.

But to answer you question-- no- some online sites will allow you to oput in cabin numbers to see if its available but there are not always right.

For our last cruise I wanted 6262 but could not find it available anywhere online. Had to call the cruiselines who found it-- because I was ready to deposit-- I got it.

You might try http://www.expedia.com

They have a cabin layout which also shows cabin availability

We had tried to book a aft corner cabin on a trans-Panama Canal cruise on the Celebrity Millenium a year ahead of time. It wan't available, so we booked a non-corner cabin. Then, my wife checked the Expedia site for cabin availablility nearly every day. When one became available (8166), we jumped on it

There is no substitute for being an informed consumer

• 5 weeks later...
Because aft cabins are highly sought after-- youwill have to call and see if they are available. Some agencies will take them and hold them in their stock.

But to answer you question-- no- some online sites will allow you to oput in cabin numbers to see if its available but there are not always right.

For our last cruise I wanted 6262 but could not find it available anywhere online. Had to call the cruiselines who found it-- because I was ready to deposit-- I got it.

SERENE56 - I read that those aft balconies are not covered and collect a lot of trash, is that true? I am curious about an aft balcony on Destiny (upper deck). Do you know if those balconies are covered?

Does anyone know of a site that will allow me to search for cruise ships and itineraries using AFT Balcony as a search criteria? Often, the choice of cabin is as important to me as pricing and itinerary. Other than choosing, looking at deck plans, etc.....which takes forever (fun, though!;) ) I was hoping that there might be a preliminary search that will show AFT Balcony availability. Any ideas? Thanks.

so I understand that AFT cabins are in the back of the ship? I am going on the CCL Spirit in May 06 to Alaska. I upgraded to balcony because of this website. I told the PVP that I wanted right side of the ship and a balcony. She gaves us 4229 and MIL/FIL 4231. She said they were in the back of the ship. Is it better to be in the back of the ship? thanks a very excited Julie!:D

When most people speak of an aft cabin they are speaking about the cabins directly across the back of the ship. Aft cabins run from the aft elevators to the back.

Did you want the balconies across the back of the ship?? Your balcony will be bigger then the one on the side. THe cabin will be the same size. FOr alaska on the aft you can see both sides instead of just the one side.

Archived