Filling Station or Burger and Beer Joint

Cruising4

We'll will be staying at the JW Marriot Marquis - two adults and two teen boys. Would you recommend for dinner: The Filling Station or Burger and Beer Joint?

Neither seems too far from the hotel - is it safe to walk to either restaurant? Do either have outside seating?

(I'm also considering Garcia's but that would be my choice - the rest would prefer burgers!)

Thank you

The Filling Station! The place is a bit more of a dive kind of place but the burgers are always amazing.

Burger and Brew is a chain but does have great burgers. I will warn you that if you look at their menus, they won't make any substitutions every on any of their speciality burgers. You can take things off but that's it.

I am a huge burger person and have eaten at both numerous times and will always prefer The Filling Station.

Burger and Brew is in Mary Brickell Village and does have nice outside seating while the Filling station doesn't really have outside seating and is on a main road.

Both areas are fine, Mary Brickell Village is a great atmosphere though.

Which JW Marriot are you staying at? The one on Brickell or JW Marriott Marquis.

We are staying at the one on Biscayne Boulevard (Thanks to Priceline)

Google maps shows a 6 minute walk but I can't tell if it's like walking in a city or if some of the roads are highways that you can't walk along ... I hope I'm making sense.

Thanks so much. The Filling Station is cheaper too!

Biscayne Blvd is a wide, major street with wide pavements and has traffic lights. We stayed at ICH and walked down regular streets to get to the Filling Station. We did have to cross a highway but there were lights that stopped the traffic. We were disappointed because it was a Sunday and the Filling Station was closed. So we went around the corner and had a great meal at the Brazilian Restaurant.

We are staying at the one on Biscayne Boulevard (Thanks to Priceline)

Google maps shows a 6 minute walk but I can't tell if it's like walking in a city or if some of the roads are highways that you can't walk along ... I hope I'm making sense.

Thanks so much. The Filling Station is cheaper too!

You can walk to both places easily from your hotel. No highways, just city streets. There will be traffic lights and walk ways.

Biscayne turns into Brickell Ave right around the corner from you as you cross the river.

• 7 months later...

I did a search for the Filling Station, ran across it on Trip Advisor and looks like a cool place. Was thinking about going for lunch if others in our group agree. We are staying at the Intercontinental. Anyone that has been there recently or want to add comments about it?