Nassau - 7am to 2pm, what to do?

Annefran

Been to Nassau many times on many different cruises. We usually spend the day in Atlantis. This May on Oasis of the Seas, it's our first stop and we are there for just a short time (7am-2pm). Need some ideas as to what to do in that short time? I've already done the tour of Nassau thing too.

Looking for something a little different. Would love your feedback and recommendations. Thinking maybe just stay on the ship? Thanks in advance, Happy Cruising!

I have been to Nassau twice. First time we did Blue Lagoon Island. Perfect beach day but they have dolphins or sealions too if you wanted an interaction experience.

The second trip I did a See & Sea tour. The 'see' part was not brilliant to be honest. Basically a short drive around town and some time up at Fort Fincastle. The 'sea' part was lovely. A short boat trip out and then a semi-sub around some reefs - saw some amazing fish, was really worth it.

Like you have said though, you could stay on board and make the most of a hopefully quieter ship!

Jo :)

I have been to Nassau twice. First time we did Blue Lagoon Island. Perfect beach day but they have dolphins or sealions too if you wanted an interaction experience.

The second trip I did a See & Sea tour. The 'see' part was not brilliant to be honest. Basically a short drive around town and some time up at Fort Fincastle. The 'sea' part was lovely. A short boat trip out and then a semi-sub around some reefs - saw some amazing fish, was really worth it.

Like you have said though, you could stay on board and make the most of a hopefully quieter ship!

Jo :)

Thanks for the wonderful reply Jo, it was greatly appreciated. Have a great weekend. Happy Cruising!

Annefran, you may want to consider just doing a walking tour on your own. We'll be there in May (also on the Oasis, 2 weeks after you) and are going to walk up Bay Street to the Straw Market, then over to the Pirate Museum, then up to the Greycliffe and ending at John Watling's Distillery for rum tasting. The walk will be fun and since it's on our own schedule, we can spend more/less time at whatever we want and head back to the ship at any time.

Have a great time! :)

Edited by marklodi

Annefran, you may want to consider just doing a walking tour on your own. We'll be there in May (also on the Oasis, 2 weeks after you) and are going to walk up Bay Street to the Straw Market, then over to the Pirate Museum, then up to the Greycliffe and ending at John Watling's Distillery for rum tasting. The walk will be fun and since it's on our own schedule, we can spend more/less time at whatever we want and head back to the ship at any time.

Have a great time! :)

Mark thanks I know exactly where you are referring to. This is a great idea. I will have to see if my cruise friends are interested in taking the walk with me. Happy Cruising! :D

I would recommend the Bites and Booze Tour its a historical/dining/rum tasting tour that stops at multiple places in downtown nassau.

Does it fit into my tight time schedule? Do you have a link that I can look at for this tour? Would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much.

We had a GREAT private taxi tour in January of this year. Our driver was Mario and he was very informative and we felt very safe, we have been to Bahamas several time before but never did the private tour. It was great and the 2 hr tour was only $25, 3 hr for $35 and he does a 5 hr for $60 which includes lunch. If you need his contact info just email me at megator2@aol.com and I would be happy to send you his contact info so you can book ahead of time!! Hope you have fun!!!

We had a GREAT private taxi tour in January of this year. Our driver was Mario and he was very informative and we felt very safe, we have been to Bahamas several time before but never did the private tour. It was great and the 2 hr tour was only $25, 3 hr for $35 and he does a 5 hr for $60 which includes lunch. If you need his contact info just email me at megator2@aol.com and I would be happy to send you his contact info so you can book ahead of time!! Hope you have fun!!!

Thanks so much. The other tour someone suggested was totally booked. May look into this one. Thanks again, Happy Cruising!