Safe

Hi, as the search button seems to have vanished I can't check to see if this question has been asked before.

So, if you choose to use the safe in your cabin how do you go about it? Do you need to go to the reception desk to get it added to your account or do you do it through your cabin steward?

Thank you.

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you know if the Majesty is a key or a code? Don't really want to have to look after a key, it kind of defeats the purpose.

On Majesty it is a code. They give you a number and you change it to one of your choice.

On Majesty it is a code. They give you a number and you change it to one of your choice.

Information great for me too. Code worked great on Dream. We have just chosen our plane seats for Majesty 2nd May. Looking forward to leaving this dire weather behind now.

Information great for me too. Code worked great on Dream. We have just chosen our plane seats for Majesty 2nd May. Looking forward to leaving this dire weather behind now.

You have just got back from Caribbean!!

It was all white at Woodland yesterday, but it has melted now!

You have just got back from Caribbean!!

It was all white at Woodland yesterday, but it has melted now!

I thought they were more worried about the winds up there this year! Winter has never really got started on the snow front - different to last year's long winter.

Yes we loved the Dream cruise in the Caribbean. Everything was perfect.

Hi, as the search button seems to have vanished I can't check to see if this question has been asked before.

So, if you choose to use the safe in your cabin how do you go about it? Do you need to go to the reception desk to get it added to your account or do you do it through your cabin steward?

Thank you.

Funny you should mention the CC search capability, I had a thread up asking what had happened to it on the 12th Feb, & the whole day's worth of posts were deleted, so I think they are trying to keep it quiet. I have a theory that the search is currently only working on android devices.... As for the safes, when we went on the Dream last year they asked if you wanted to book the safe when you registered your credit card to board the ship. This was a cracking idea as you didn't have to queue again at reception & presumed they would do it on all their ships with code safes in the future.

Cabin 6082 had a fridge but there was no lock on it... Just a hole where it used to be.... We did have the safe but it kept jamming up on us & everyone from the steward to the man who delivered the cases could open it for us so do not know why we bothered really :confused:... Having said that, I left cameras, phones & a laptop on charge while we were out & never worried about them being touched.

tbh...Im with you stevio on this, I leave my gadgets/passports/wristwatch etc in drawer in cabin...never been touched by anyone except me...cabin is either locked, no one could get in the window and there are always stewards about in the corridors and cctv

tbh...Im with you stevio on this, I leave my gadgets/passports/wristwatch etc in drawer in cabin...never been touched by anyone except me...cabin is either locked, no one could get in the window and there are always stewards about in the corridors and cctv

Apart from the occupants (obviously) the only person with access to your cabin is the steward.

It wouldn't need Peter Falk in a shabby raincoat to work out who was suspect if anything was missing.

We never bother with a safe, being trusting folks.

We have always had a safe as I know from working in insurance that they will find any reason not to pay out. If something goes missing from your cabin and you haven't used the safe then they will not pay out. I trust the staff but for the sack of a few quid it just isn't worth the risk :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

yes...forsure they will try to wriggle out of any claim….the word that all insurance companies are constantly on the lookout for is....negligence...or recklessness! (even better)

if they can (somehow) find you to have been negligent/reckless in any way (known to man or beast) they surely will

my back door was smashed down by a branch of a tree in a storm:eek:

but

i was negligent in not maintaining the door seals sufficiently and therefore it was all my fault? I am now officially a reckless person:cool::p

hang on?...my door was specifically designed to enable people to enter or leave the house easily and safely and to keep the house secure when locked…..wasnt it?...it wasn’t designed to prevent unauthorised entry by trees in a storm? but yes...i was negligent (and so invalidated my insurance) because i hadn’t replaced the door seals regularly!?

the term (get out clause) they quoted was 'a negligent lack of sufficient maintenance'

that door was fitted only 8 years ago....how many people regularly replace their door seals or even replace them at all? and..... how many door seals have effectively prevented a tree in a storm from gaining entry

the other term quoted was 'you (negligently) failed to mention that you have mature trees nearby' sorry but didn’t I inform you and cant you plainly see by my postcode that i don’t infact live in the gobi desert or on the moon or on the central reservation of the m1 where there are no nearby trees....i live in rural wiltshire:rolleyes:

Edited by geomagot