How do you try for the FLL Pier 66 on Priceline??

claud925

I know the Marriott Marina is 3* downtown - I've gone as high as $95 and keep getting rejected .... soooo

Now I want to try for the Hyatt Pier 66. If I need to go higher on a bid, I'd just as soon shoot for this one.

Thanks to all those who can help out with this one.:)

The Hyatt Pier 66 is a 4 star Beach zone. (the only 4 star Beach zone used by priceline). If you specifically want this hotel and no other you can up your bid by increasing it via "free bids". Ft. Lauderdale Airport, Pompono Beach and Coral Springs are all free bids (this means that there are NO 4 star hotels within that zone so it's impossible to get one but it allows you to increase your price each attempt by adding one of those zones at a time (don't add them all at once!)

Let us know how you do. Good Luck!

I just got the Hyatt for 2 nights for October 16 & 17. I had to bid $125.00 and I believe I bid 4* beach area along with any other areas that DID NOT have 4* hotels in it. I also bid for 2 rooms, 3* beach area for October 15 for sister and her husband. Had to bid $100.00 and got the Sheraton Yankee Clipper. I was very disappointed as most of the reviews were not that favorable but a few folks here said it was nice. If anyone knows, if I presented a Starwood Preferred Guest card, although it doesn't have any points because I always forget to use it at check-in, do you think it might help get a little bit better room? I also have a Hyatt Gold Passport card that does have points. Better rooms, maybe? DH and I are staying for 3 nights total and sister is only staying 1 night.

Thanks,

Pam

To help with your bidding check out what the winning bids are and what hotels are on the Priceline list at biddingfortravel.com. This is a very helpful website and it guides you from overbidding.

Archived