Oasis Planning Tips

LissyTx

Hello, sorry to ask something that I'm sure has been asked and answered, but proceeding since the Search is down...

I'm sailing on Oasis at the end of May and it'll be my first time on this class. I've read before that this is probably not the best class to wing it or you'll miss out on things you want to do.

How did you start planning? Did you pick shows you wanted to see and plan meal times around that? Also, with My Time Dining did you find it necessary to make reservations now or before sailing or can you just walk up? Any other need to know things now - or things that really book up early and we shouldn't procrastinate on?

Thanks for your help! :D

For Oasis Class Ships:

All Entertainment is BOOKED Before hand via Royal's website.

Your Choices are Coded Into your SeaPass Card for Oasis Class, there will be staff members with hand-held Scanners in front of Each Entertainment venue they scan Your SeaPass Card before you can Get In to each show.

Our May 31, 2014 cruise excursions, shows and dining reservations opened last week, so you need to make some choices soon.

We have 6pm regular dining. I went thru past cruise compasses and highlighted what each of our 4 kids may want to do, along with the parents. Then I reserved the shows around those - it was a lot of work!!

I have reserved the excursions and the two specialty dinners that worked for our week. One, Chops was chosen because we have a show that we need to get to that night and regular dining wasn't going to work. It so happens that we wanted to eat at Chops anyways and it is my birthday date! Works out great.

I read everything I could find including Allure info, same itinerary. Good luck!

It has been fun, anticipating everything we are going to do. :D

Hello, sorry to ask something that I'm sure has been asked and answered, but proceeding since the Search is down...

I'm sailing on Oasis at the end of May and it'll be my first time on this class. I've read before that this is probably not the best class to wing it or you'll miss out on things you want to do.

How did you start planning? Did you pick shows you wanted to see and plan meal times around that? Also, with My Time Dining did you find it necessary to make reservations now or before sailing or can you just walk up? Any other need to know things now - or things that really book up early and we shouldn't procrastinate on?

When at the end of May are you sailing?? We are sailing the 31st and are in planning stages now. She is a very large ship and there is so much to do. It is best to plan ahead as much as possible...The options are endless for almost everything which can be overwhelming too. For us it worked best to choose a dinner time and STICK to it. That way we could reserve our activities and shows around that. If you are sailing the 31st too, join our Roll Call and all of us I am sure can help you. Many have sailed on Oasis class ships before. We did the Allure in 2012 and doing this one now because we didnt get to see or do everything the first time around:D

I have sailed Allure 3 times now. I always book shows, excursions, drinks packages and any speciality dining in advance. I have set dining time rather than MTD and if the shows I want to go to don't tie in, I will eat elsewhere that night.

Then when I get the cruise compass I will look at what I want to do, see if there is anything that will be repeated and fit in everything else!

You will never be able to fit everything in so prioritise what you know you don't want to miss and plan the rest for your return cruise ;)

Your options for show reservations should be available under your reservation on the RC website. We were a party of 6 and did not make any reservations with MTD. I chose most of our shows around the 9pm time frame, and later. We would go to the dining room around 6:30 and never waited to be seated. We were always done by 8, or slightly after. If you find yourself not being able to book a show at a time you want online just head to Entertainment Place once you board and reserve there. They do hold back many reservations and as long as you go right there you wont have a problem. :)

Trying to figure out time for our June Oasis cruise as well. As we have first dining and have kids, I didn't want to book late night shows, so far I booked all the shows at 8:30-9pm. Hope there is nothing fun going on around that time or we will miss it every day. Can't book specialty dining ahead of time as you have to pre-pay if you book in advance and I have extra onboard credit that specifically for restaurants. Hope there will be spots open for onboard booking.

What is your itinerary?

This is what I do...

I copy and paste the itinerary from the RCI site into a word document. Then I tweak the table to personalize it to our needs. I look at all of the RCI Excursions & Tripadvisor and get an idea of what I would like to do at each port. I look for RCI planners or RCI Cruise Compass with my itinerary either on this site or others I find when I google. I look at what I might want to do each day and add it to the table. Then I know my open times for entertainment and make reservations and add it to my table. The reason I make this effort is because when I found the compass for the Oasis Eastern Caribbean for a week it was 67 pages. I would hate to waste my precious vacation time trying to figure out what I'm going to do especially when there are so many options to consider. Additional info if you are sailing on the Oasis Eastern or Western Caribbean planner pdf docs are on cc

Once I sail I am very flexible but at least I have a guide. I bring magnets and put these charts on the wall in my cabin. An extra copy for you pocket comes in handy. Of course for all of the hyperlinks from this post to work, RCI's website must be working.

737541076_CruiseWearChart.jpg.6e3a752d10b9e497d48de1ec82bd85ca.jpg

1826741528_westercaribbeanitineraryOasis.jpg.00961ad55dbdf0bfc3dc939b81791f5d.jpg

Edited by travelbuddies

Trying to figure out time for our June Oasis cruise as well. As we have first dining and have kids, I didn't want to book late night shows, so far I booked all the shows at 8:30-9pm. Hope there is nothing fun going on around that time or we will miss it every day. Can't book specialty dining ahead of time as you have to pre-pay if you book in advance and I have extra onboard credit that specifically for restaurants. Hope there will be spots open for onboard booking.

There will be. Just be sure to make them once you board. . :)

I’m not sure which itinerary you are doing but I have found booking Oasis of Dreams diving show on the last night available is best (Tue on Eastern). I’m sure weather will be different in May then February but the last two years on the Eastern itinerary the show has been canceled due to the wind