Jerusalem excursions

Hi Guys,

The Excursions are available to book for our Cruise in June and We're Stumped as to Which Jerusalem tour to go on. We have a choice of three - hubby really wants to walk the Via Delarosa, and see the church of the Holy Sepulchre. Can anyone advise please as to which Trip is the best....

Hi Kizzysmom, I don't know what options you have been given but we did the Bethlehem and Jerusalem tour last year … absolutely FAB. A long day but worth every minute. We walked up the Via Delarosa and went to the church of the Holy Sepulchre as well as the gardens of gethsemani, stopping en route to take in the views. Bethlehem is a quick stop as there really isn't much to see. You can go into the church but you are unable to go into the cave where Jesus (supposedly) was born as they have Holy Communion in there every day. You are able to look through a very small peep hole in a door but that's about all. I hope you enjoy the experience as much as we did

Hi Pee0305 - Can you please advise how much traveling there is? How long on the coach? Are there plenty of stops? Do you get any free time or are you with a guide all day? We really prefer to travel independently where we can but think we will do the ship's trip when we visit in May.

The coach journey isn't too bad. I think it took us about 2 hours. You pick up a guide who stays with you in Bethlehem then change and another takes you on to Jerusalem. You may do the trip the other way round but our guides did it this way to avoid the busiest time in Bethlehem, however we were then caught in the busiest time in Jerusalem!! Whichever way round you do it expect crowds. Several coaches meet up for lunch which (we thought) was a lovely meal but don't expect sandwiches/burger and chips ... food is very local. The aubergine is gorgeous and I've been looking for the recipe since we came home. You get very little free time, purely because it really is a "full on" trip. The Wailing Wall is an experience but remember that women are segregated from men at the wall itself. I walked a little way towards the mens side and was quickly turned back by security. The walk up the Via Delarosa is one that will stay with me forever. You have to experience it yourself to understand what I mean. I could go on and on but I'm sure that by now you get the gist that I loved every minute of the trip and hope you will too :-)