Port Times Clarification

Fengsters

Are the times the ship is listed in port the times that it pulls up and leaves or the times that the passengers will have there?

For instance, we are scheduled to be in Ketchikan from 1100 to 1700. Do we get off at 1100 or wait until the ship docks etc. so it will be closer to 1130? Will we have to back by 1630 or so or will we have until 1700 to see things?

We're trying to figure out what we'll be able to do in each port and how much time is available to us. Will this port be closer to 5 or 6 hours for us to do things?

Thanks.

The arrival time is "at the dock" time. Often you will dock earlier, plan on 20 min or so for lines to be tied and the gangway to be readied after docking. The "sail away" time is when the ship will be pulling away from the dock. The evening before you will get I formation in your cabin with the "be back by xxx time" information. It is generally 30 minutes before the "sail" time. There are also signs as you leave the ship with that time and a clock so you can check your watches. If you use your cell phone for the time, be SURE TO NOTE CAREFULLY any time difference. And yes, they will leave without you (exception: you are on an excursion booked through the cruiseline).

Have a great time - we will be in Ketchikan later this summer too.

Sorry Fengsters... I just can't resist -

Are the times the ship is listed in port the times that it pulls up and leaves or the times that the passengers will have there?

For instance, we are scheduled to be in Ketchikan from 1100 to 1700. Do we get off at 1100 or wait until the ship docks etc.

We always wait until the ship docks !!! :)

Another thing to know about tender ports (when the ship anchors away from the pier and passengers take 'tender boats' to the pier): some passengers will get first priority getting the tenders: 1) passengers on an early excursion that was booked through the cruiseline, and on some cruise lines: 2) passengers with high levels in the loyalty program and 3) passengers booked in high category cabins.

Going back to the ship, it's first come first serve in line.

Your daily newsletter will have the info about when to be back on board as well as port agent info (which hopefully you won't need). I always make sure I have the day's newsletter with me in port.

Also you can return to the ship anytime, and you can return to shore if there's still time (for example, you want to eat lunch on board or you want to get something from your cabin).