View from Balcony on Silhouette

Kashagi

Hi all,

I am new to cruising and looking to book my cruise for next Feb.

I have been studying the deck plans and trying to get a feel for it all. Looking at pictures for the ship I am just wondering if a LOT of the balconies do not actually look down onto water?

From what I can tell from the picture it looks like only balconies at the front of ship and some near the center, actually look down onto water. The rest look as if they are set back.

Does this take away some of the thrill of having a balcony? Of course you can still see water straight ahead but to me does not feel the same.

Just wondering for anyone that has been in the balconies that look as if they are set back, does it really matter? Are you just looking down onto life boats etc? Does it still feel very nice?

I know I may sound picky but just trying to get a feel for what it would be like.

One other question that is un related.

I understand that smoking is a hot topic and do not wish to ruffle any feathers.

Just wondering is there certain decks that would be near a smoking area's? Have NO idea how far it is to walk to places once on a ship. Would like my cabin to be relatively close to a smoking area if poss. Just wondering if it mattered which deck I was on for this?

Thanks for any help.

Edited by Kashagi