Bodden or Pirates

JBobbyJ

Hi,

I have finally narrowed down my selection to Pirates or Bodden's for ziplining.

But, I am not sure- I don't want to do the Extreme Extreme, and I am worried that I will be stuck doing this crazy zipline. I read on one post that the regular was closed, and they had to do the Extreme, Extreme.

Bodden's looks easy and fun- but doesn't give the views that we would like. When we were in Jamaica- the views were phenominal (sp?).

I am booking in the next few days. Help!

A few years ago we did the Extreme with Pirates for our first and only zip line experience. We really enjoyed it and had a wonderful day with them. I would never bungee jump off a bridge, and I don't think I'll ever sky dive. That being said, the Extreme really wasn't bad. The first run and jump off was a little scary, but that was our first time. I also didn't think it was super strenuous.

What is the reason that you aren't interested in the Extreme? Is the height or length of time ziplining from one stand to another the reason? I think that would help responses better address your concerns.

I also did the Pirates Extreme/Extreme a few yrs. ago, as it does not require any climbing. I was the only "zipper" at the time and was driven up to the start. I am normally nervous with heights, but loved it and the guides were great. steve

I haven't done Pirates so I can't offer a comparison. We just did Victor Bodden Zip-n-Dip Mayan Jungle Canopy last Wednesday. This our second time with VB. All of his staff are very friendly and attentive. He's expanded the ziplines since we were there in April 2012. Everything looked to be in excellent repair, much of it new looking (harnesses, wood on staircases). You do have to walk up a good sized staircase to reach the first platform. If you want to reach the higher lines, there is a very steep ramp. I would not say it has the greatest views (not that it's awful either) but the whole experience is a lot of fun. You can see the ocean if you go up to the higher set of lines.

If you have people in your party who don't want to zipline, VB has a nice area for them to wait with gardens and everyone gets to see the animals. VB also takes pictures of your group ziplining. You can look at the pictures on a laptop afterwards and, if you want, you can buy on cd for $40. They don't pressure you, though. Of course, you can take your own pictures if you want. Just make sure you secure your camera well.

Edited by deacent1