Copenhagen Hotel Suggestions?

Frederiksborggade, Copenhagen - its just right at the back of norreport station

Thats an okay area its as you say near Nørreport station and the Torvehallerne food market so its a safe area to walk in.

The more troublesome areas of Nørrebro would have been around Blågårds Plads and Mjølnerparken.

Anyone have any more info on the Wake Up hotels? I looked at their website and it looks interesting to say the least. Will be looking for 1 or 2 nights in the city for June 2015.

The current hotel at the Tivoli Congress Center gets very good reviews on tripadvisor.

The rooms are rather small but I'm guessing that you get what you pay for. :D

The new one in borgergade (that's near Nyhavn, Rosenborg, Amalien, Kongens Nytorv etc) will first open this summer but I can't remember the opening date atm.

Ups you are first going next year so the hotel in Borgergade should be open by that time, the first stage will open this summer and the second stage later in the year.

Edited by Danish viking

Thats an okay area its as you say near Nørreport station and the Torvehallerne food market so its a safe area to walk in.

The more troublesome areas of Nørrebro would have been around Blågårds Plads and Mjølnerparken.

Thank you for taking time out to help! Most appreciated.

The current hotel at the Tivoli Congress Center gets very good reviews on tripadvisor.

The rooms are rather small but I'm guessing that you get what you pay for. :D

The new one in borgergade (that's near Nyhavn, Rosenborg, Amalien, Kongens Nytorv etc) will first open this summer but I can't remember the opening date atm.

Ups you are first going next year so the hotel in Borgergade should be open by that time, the first stage will open this summer and the second stage later in the year.

Thanks for your reply. I did see the new one opens sometime in May. I saw the rooms are small and that doesn't bother me too much since we will just need 1 or 2 nights before our cruise next year. Just looking for a clean place to stay with a private bath in a safe area.

Thanks for your reply. I did see the new one opens sometime in May. I saw the rooms are small and that doesn't bother me too much since we will just need 1 or 2 nights before our cruise next year. Just looking for a clean place to stay with a private bath in a safe area.

Both the location at Borgergade and Tivoli Congress Center is very safe areas.

But Tivoli Congress Center is located at a former train yard so the only things of interest close to the hotel is Fisketorvet Shopping mall and Cinemaxx movie theatre.

But bus 11A will get you to Tivoli and the downtown area in no time.

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza for 3 days pre-cruise in the fall of 2012. We loved the hotel; the staff was very friendly and helpful. We had both breakfasts and dinners, and the food was very good. The rooms were very clean and large, and there was a free airport shuttle. On the day of the cruise we took the shuttle back to the airport and took the ship's transfer to the dock.

Taking the metro into downtown Copenhagen was very quick and easy. We'd definitely stay there again.

Anyone have any more info on the Wake Up hotels? I looked at their website and it looks interesting to say the least. Will be looking for 1 or 2 nights in the city for June 2015.

We looked at this hotel but passed on it because they don't have in room safes and more importantly they won't hold your luggage if you arrive early ( there are luggage lockers you can pay for but it's subject to availability ) we are only in town 1 day pre cruise so we don't want to get stuck sitting in the lobby with our bags.

• 2 weeks later...
Both the location at Borgergade and Tivoli Congress Center is very safe areas.

But Tivoli Congress Center is located at a former train yard so the only things of interest close to the hotel is Fisketorvet Shopping mall and Cinemaxx movie theatre.

But bus 11A will get you to Tivoli and the downtown area in no time.

We looked at this hotel but passed on it because they don't have in room safes and more importantly they won't hold your luggage if you arrive early ( there are luggage lockers you can pay for but it's subject to availability ) we are only in town 1 day pre cruise so we don't want to get stuck sitting in the lobby with our bags.

Thank you both for the info.