Flying in/out of Long Beach

cruise2relax

We are doing a California coastal on Princess in September - the flights are qual price for LAX or Long Beach. I have never used the Long Beach airport - is it small? A 10:00am flight possible on the day of disembarkation due to its locale and it being not as busy?

Any help appreciated.

We have used the Long Beach airport many times. It is small and easy to navigate. It's also closer to the pier than L.A. airport. That makes the cab fare to the pier less $. We live in WA and generally fly nonstop to Long Beach the day of the cruise. 10 a.m. arrival should work for you if you have a nonstop flight.

Have a great cruise!

We have used the Long Beach airport many times. It is small and easy to navigate. It's also closer to the pier than L.A. airport. That makes the cab fare to the pier less $. We live in WA and generally fly nonstop to Long Beach the day of the cruise. 10 a.m. arrival should work for you if you have a nonstop flight.

Have a great cruise!

Sorry I misread the OP and assumed 10 am arrival, not departure from Long Beach. I would not schedule a departure on disembarkation day before noon, just to be safe. While the Long Beach airport is small and easy to navigate, it is always possible your disembarkation will not be efficiently handled by the cruise line and you will be stressing about your departure flight. Always better to be ending a vacation on a positive note.

LGB is fast and easy to get through. If you arrive 90 minutes before flight departure, that's ample and 60 minutes will work but is cutting it close.

For a 10am flight, you would have to be departing the dock in San Pedro no later than 8am, and 730 would be more comfortable. The problem is that's pretty unlikely even if you self-disembark. Also, Immigration does random crew checks...that really delays disembarkation if it happens on your cruise.

I would not book a flight any earlier than noon out of either LGB or LAX.

We are doing a California coastal on Princess in September - the flights are qual price for LAX or Long Beach. I have never used the Long Beach airport - is it small? A 10:00am flight possible on the day of disembarkation due to its locale and it being not as busy?

Any help appreciated.

We have booked several flights out if LGB. 10am is doable, especially if you have global entry TSA pre-check. We don't stand in security lines.