Horseback riding around Cabo San Lucas

igraf

I would appreciate any tips regarding horseback riding excursions while in port at Cabo San Lucas. We will be on a Holland America ship which offers a "Beach Horseback Riding" excursion about a half hour drive up the Pacific coast.

I am concerned because the Princess version appears to be identical and their video shows riders in single file and wearing helmets. One review substantiated what I saw in the video. I am a very experienced horse rider and want a little more freedom. At least riding side by side with my wife away from the dust of the others, or preferably a private ride. And wearing my own hat.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

igraf

Edited by igraf

Thanks. Maybe I'll just call the ranch. I did find out who they are and found the ranch and the riding path on Google maps.

Doesn't anyone go on the horsey rides? :-)

igraf

Seeing as you aren't getting any help from us, have you tried TripAdvisor?

Not much in the way of chatter on this board! Anyhow, I'll post what I found out. I also posted this on the HAL board.

The horseback riding ranch used by HAL (and probably other cruise lines) near Cabo San Lucas is "Carisuva" located next to the El Migrino dry wash. Unfortunately, a person from the ranch did confirm that the ride is a single file slow walk for the most part with mandatory helmets. It is also during the hottest part of the day due to HAL's port schedule. I'll pass on this one. Probably best to book an independent horseback ride to avoid these unreasonable liability restrictions.

igraf

Thanks. Maybe I'll just call the ranch. I did find out who they are and found the ranch and the riding path on Google maps.

Doesn't anyone go on the horsey rides? :-)

igraf

Edited by igraf

Not much in the way of chatter on this board! Anyhow, I'll post what I found out. I also posted this on the HAL board.

The horseback riding ranch used by HAL (and probably other cruise lines) near Cabo San Lucas is "Carisuva" located next to the El Migrino dry wash. Unfortunately, a person from the ranch did confirm that the ride is a single file slow walk for the most part with mandatory helmets. It is also during the hottest part of the day due to HAL's port schedule. I'll pass on this one. Probably best to book an independent horseback ride to avoid these unreasonable liability restrictions.

igraf

bolding mine

And that is why you won't catch DH and me on horsey rides ;) We are unaccustomed to the kind of heat we encounter when on vacation, so tend to avoid the "baking in the sun" ones ;)