young couple on carnival paradise march 3rd

sharpieblet

young couple, 24 and 20 years old, doing our first cruise in two weeks. It's a five night cruise, one port in Cayman islands and the other cozumel. Looking to see if there are any other like minded people just to run into and chat up on the cruise.

I'm a couple years in as LEO and she's finishing school to be a teacher, were pretty laid back and just looking to enjoy the vacation. The only plans e really have are MAYBE snorkeling on Cayman and possibly a private driver for cozumel.

Since I don't exactly care to throw money away, I'm all for splurging as little as possible lol.

We're from eastern NC so we live close to the beach, hence why we're more keen on seeing the sights of Mexico than worrying about snorkeling or sailing.

young couple, 24 and 20 years old, doing our first cruise in two weeks. It's a five night cruise, one port in Cayman islands and the other cozumel. Looking to see if there are any other like minded people just to run into and chat up on the cruise.

I'm a couple years in as LEO and she's finishing school to be a teacher, were pretty laid back and just looking to enjoy the vacation. The only plans e really have are MAYBE snorkeling on Cayman and possibly a private driver for cozumel.

Since I don't exactly care to throw money away, I'm all for splurging as little as possible lol.

We're from eastern NC so we live close to the beach, hence why we're more keen on seeing the sights of Mexico than worrying about snorkeling or sailing.

Yes - find your roll call for your cruise, to find people like you on your cruise.

I've been to Cayman, and Cozumel - so maybe I can make a suggestion for excursions. In Grand Cayman the greatest thing to do is go to Stingray City and snorkel with the stingrays! It is just awesome! We've done it twice, and would do it again. They are just the most amazing animals. We did the trip through a private excursion, Moby Dick tours. You can google them. They are very reliable, have very good equipment, small excursions (which means a lot of one-on-one time) and they are very professional. Their prices were very reasonable.

In Cozumel, it sounds like you might like to do a tour of the island, since you aren't that interested in the water. Although, the water in Cozumel is probably the prettiest water I've seen in any of the Caribbean. It won't be anything like NC waters! It is the most gorgeous blue you have ever seen. But, look into hiring a driver for the day (you can find plenty of reviews about that on this forum). They will take you wherever you would like to go on the island. The island is small, so you can take a tour very easily, and still have time to come back and shop a while if you want to do that. The Caribbean side of the island (away from the ports) is scarcely populated, and beautiful to see. The current is much stronger on that side, so swimming is limited, but its beautiful there. There is a bar or two on that side to stop at. The island has some ruins to visit, a tequila factory, etc.

This Cozumel forum page should give you lots of ideas. Also check out the Grand Cayman page too for other ideas on excursions.

Have fun!