Lost Item on Peru Excursion

ppiew

I had left my KINDLE in a hotel on a pre-cruise Peruvian excursion. I contacted AKORN immediately as they had a guide with us at every stop. They called me back to say they had the KINDLE and had forwarded it to SS. As our next cruise was on the SS Galapagos, I contacted GS several times on the Galapagos but no Kindle. When I got back to the states I contacted SS Lost & FOund twice - and had my TA contact them once. No response from emails or oral message. The most recent call was (again) to SS and voice mail says the lost and found people are our of the office for a week! This has been over 2 weeks now and no response. Any suggestions??

follow up: SS cld 3 days ago, suggested I call AKORN direct! HMM I PAID SS big bucks to SS and now their Lost & Found doesn't want to do anything? Oh well, googled Akorn and found an email address and emailed them. Got a cl yesterday and they HAD the Kindle and promised to send it to me!!! fingers crossed! that was great service. Don't know why I should be dealing with SS sub-contractors though - thought they should. Oh well, news is good anyway.

Well at least it is found. But I agree about having to deal with the sub-contractor. I guarantee if you had booked directly with Akorn, you would have paid a lot less for the tour. You booked through SS for the convenience of having them take care of everything.

Exactly! In fact i didn't even KNOW Akorn was doing the land portion via Abercrombie via SS. My whole reason of dealing with SS was the" one stop shopping". anyway, hopefully will have it soon. Just was less than satisfied with the SS response.